Google timeline

That is scary. It even tracked me in Baja where I never used my phone or credit card.

Check out the documentary "The Great Hack" on Netflix to see how we are being tracked and used.

Interesting that it showed me just outside St. Louis, MO at one point but I've never been to the state. Turns out a company that I used to be at on a regular basis for a server colo facility now has a presence there.

I figure I'm a minnow in a very big ocean.
Am I being naive?

I use google maps/android and receive google emails me with my timeline stats from time to time.
I also shop on Amazon and see targeted ads based on my search history.

None of this surprises me, and I'd like to think I won't make an impulse buy based on marketing.

You can have some fun with targeted ads. When you are borrowing your friends computer do several google or amazon searches for a random item, i.e. psychedelic toilet seats. The ads for those items will keep popping up for several weeks and hopefully bring some amusement.

Kolockum said:
You can have some fun with targeted ads. When you are borrowing your friends computer do several google or amazon searches for a random item, i.e. psychedelic toilet seats. The ads for those items will keep popping up for several weeks and hopefully bring some amusement.
Remind me to never let you in the driver's seat of one of our devises! :)

Back
Top Bottom