Got Hi-Jacked

kimosawboy

Advanced Member
After way too long of messing about , I finally made some time to cut/weld/paint/mount my camper jacks...
The Alaskan is going on my flat-deck that is fairly high (48") so I had to figure a way to get the camper high enough with at least 6"-10" of clearance, to mount and unmount.
With the jacks at full extension and a simple pad on the ground it should be fine...
The ''outriggers'' are made up of 2"x2" and 1"x2" square tube, they slide into position and are held in place with a simple pin. I worked out the tube sizing so that the its a very good fit with minimal slop...
I'm pretty happy with everything so far and I just have to mount the last one and then I can finally get my trailer back... ;)

G.Vavra

pics available here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6T5rtmqb2Q1cDROTzVwUEYxR0E

Nice job. Are you concerned with the extra stress that will be trying to rip the inner bolts out? (the bolts closest to the inside of the camper that secure the jack extension)

When I drew up the design I was somewhat concerned with the inner bolts trying to pull thru. Initially I had designed the front ''outriggers'' to go out an additional 16" for wheel clearance but since I welded up the rear 'shorter' ones first, I installed those to see what it looks like and was happy with the results. I will be cutting the 'longer' ones down so everything is the same.
I did a quick test today and removed the inside carriage bolts and then jacked up the corner... all told there was .25" gap when loaded.
For the most part the jacks will only be used for mounting and de-mounting the camper, other than that the camper will sit on jumbo saw horses or on the Mog.
So to finally getting around to answering your question , No I'm not concerned.
G Vavra

Cool, I thought about building something like that, but am just going with titan brackets. I have a SRW short bed.

I purchased some 6" wide flat stock and will run it from the inside corner 3" out like the titan but am using square tube like you to make a receiver style as well. I am about to start and will post but am away working the next couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom