Got our Ocelot home!

penner

Not good at this but here goes. Headed out on Jan 20th at 3am for the trip to Sacramento to pick up our Ocelot . A little over 2500 miles, one snowstorm that held us up and 3 nights in motels we arrived at ATC on Tues the 23rd to have the camper installed. As soon as we arrived the boys dropped whatever they were doing and started the install. Less than 3 hrs later we were back on the road. Great bunch of guys as you all know and Marty did some last minute cabinet work for us as well. Without boring you with all the details we spent the next 30 night in the camper. 3 nights in California,18 nights in Baja and the rest making our way back home through the lower states. 13,600 km later( haven't converted to miles yet) we arrived home at noon Fri feb 23rd. Considering how un-preparred and under equipped we were for this trip things worked out very well. Really looking forward to picking up a fridge and doing some interior mods before our next adventure. Probably Nfld and Labrador this summer . When I figure it out I will post some pics of the camper. I would like to thank everyone again for answering all my questions regarding building the camper and a BIG thank-you to Jeff, Marty and the crew at ATC!!

Kudos to you for taking it out for 30 days on a maiden voyage right after picking it up. Good luck with the future mods and trips..

Nice post Glenn.
It was good talking to you last Friday.You must just gotten home.
Looking forward to some photos of the trip.
Your future trips sound nice
So glad you had a great experience with ATC didn't expect anything else.
Frank

Hi Folks

I think you win the LONG DISTANCE award for going to get your camper.

Good for you and Welcome.

BTW where is home ?

David Graves

DavidGraves said:
Hi Folks

I think you win the LONG DISTANCE award for going to get your camper.

Good for you and Welcome.

BTW where is home ?

David Graves
David. We live about 2 hrs N/W of Toronto , Ontario . Actually didn't mind all the driving but I sure was glad your gas prices aren't like ours!.

Hello penner

Great trip report, for the first one out lots of nites in the new Ocelot. Looking forward to the photos and where your headed next.

Russ

penner said:
David. We live about 2 hrs N/W of Toronto , Ontario . Actually didn't mind all the driving but I sure was glad your gas prices aren't like ours!.
Just spent the last week in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan where gas was $1.05 a liter. It was nice to have the local pump it when it was -32 degrees F.

It"s been a long time since I posted anything and I still haven't tried my hand at posting pictures. Other than a 4 day trip to Manitoulin Island back on the May 24 weekend the Ocelot has been in my shed. It's been a busier summer than I thought. BUT, I do have the camper loaded , mods done, solar and fridge installed ready to hit the road Sat morning for Nfld and Labrador. No set plans but probably a 4-6 week trip. Hopefully I will get some pics posted when we return!

Back
Top Bottom