Got Some Torklift Derringers you dont use?

2trout

Looking for a used set of Torklift Derringers. Ill buy new if necessary. Just thought I'd see if any are around.

Trout

fish more said:
The Derringers will be one of the best investments for your camper, I will never go back to turn-buckles !!!
Did you mount them the traditional 4 Wheel way or on the outside of the truck body. I bought some and was unable to get them to work
the traditional method. Any tips?

traditional, bought treaded j-hooks from fastenol, installed into derringer, then added one quick link to camper, adjusted to fit

Edgewood said:
Did you mount them the traditional 4 Wheel way or on the outside of the truck body. I bought some and was unable to get them to work
the traditional method. Any tips?
traditional way.

I've got a pair of these. Installed them anticipating using them on a used FWC, but the camper didn't fit my 2011 Tacoma. ended up buying an ATC, which negated the need for the TorkLift. But, I'm a lazy one, and never took them off. So they've been on the truck, but never used.
PM me if you think you might could use them.

I bought a bunch of these 1/2" eye bolts and iteratively tested them for fit, cutting them down as needed to get the length right. "right" meaning all the threads go through the nut, but only stick up about a max of 1/4" or the mechanism will bind. Once it was right, I added locktite to the threads.

Thanks for the input. I'll give them another try.

Getting them right sometimes also meant using carabiners to make them even longer.
full

Length fully closed
full

Length fully open... your mileage may vary on these number.
full

In place
full

Gussie said:
I've got a pair of these. Installed them anticipating using them on a used FWC, but the camper didn't fit my 2011 Tacoma. ended up buying an ATC, which negated the need for the TorkLift. But, I'm a lazy one, and never took them off. So they've been on the truck, but never used.
PM me if you think you might could use them.
Thanks for the offer, but ive got the frame mounts. Just looking for the derringers.

Back
Top Bottom