Granby rear window

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1
Well guys, this is a strange field repair problem that has ,I hope, has a simple solution!

I was camped outside of Reno yesterday morning, enjoying my first cup of coffee. I was sitting in the rear the couch near the door and I kept feeling a draft-door was shut and I remembered feeling a similar draft the night before and that I could not figure our where it was coming from? Well my eyes sort of drifted to the back door and window and I saw how the window seemed so much clearer on the top couple of inches of the window pane (yep something not right :eek: ) and when I checked it out it looked like the window pane slipped and fell down into the door and created an open space between the top of the window and the window frame. When I played with the window I could move it up and down and side to side-it was like the shim(s) holding it in place fell out or something and I could not lock it back in place.

There are screws around the outside of the window pane but I decided that before I played with it, I would head home and seek advise from FWC and or you guys before the dang thing fell out and created a worse problem. So I used some strong packing tape from my repair kit to hold it in place for now, but I can see it falling out as I bounce down some 4x4 road out there. So, since I'm not a window installer and my home "fix anything book" does not cover this situation and I have never had this happen before, any advise on my next step would be appreciated :D !

Smoke

Smoke-

My 01 Hawk just did the same thing a couple of weeks ago on my annual Florida-backcountry trip. Mine opened up a bit at the top and a bit on one side so apparently my window is slightly cocked in its frame because of broken plastic guides. I've not gotten around to fixing it yet but found this info....

Sealing the rear window thread

BackWindow.jpg

Thanks Old Crow.

Easy to take off, a tad harder to put back on, but the link(s) helped allot. It seems the lower tabs were both broke off so i got some wood, some silicone, turned it upside down (wood up), upper tabs on the bottom now, glued the front side on, glass on back side down, , then luck was with me and my neighbor showed up(Ted was right, it's much easier with two people) and held the inside piece w/glass in while I screwed it on. I can screw on the shade later. again thanks guys, this site always comes thru :D !

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom