Grandby vs Keystone

triumph406

Hi experts!
I have an older Grandby, it's in ok shape, works great for my wife and myself, we have done a lot of camping with it, much to my wifes pleasure.

It needs some work, the furnace needs fixing and the canvas is very tight and needs replacing.

I'm going to look at a Keystone over the weekend, the extra space I think would be usefull, I like the idea of being 'self contained' Other than the fact the Keystone overhangs the bed I don't see any disadvantages.

For those who've had both Grandby and Keystones which did you prefer, and if you did it all over again which would you choose? Grandby or Keystone?

Thanks for any insights

Dave

I'm not an expert, but I too own a Grandby and when I was in the market if I could have found a good used Keystone I would have bought it. There really isn't enough of an overhang to complicate anything and a foot or so more floor space makes a lot of difference IMO. I had a camping partner who had an 80's vintage Keystone and based on his experience with FWC's in general I bought one when I had the chance. The advantages came to light when he had a porta pot to conveniently, (as in dedicated space) use when the weather was rotten, more cabinet space due to the heater being farther back and a dedicated pantry where I dig through a milk crate for stuff.

Good luck with your choice...

Dan,
I'm now the proud owner of a Keystone that needs considerable amount of work. I came to the same conclusion that the extra foot would make all the difference.

We'll see how much work this Keystone needs when I get it home and strip out the rotten wood, and fis the mold in the insulation.

I like the 3 ring burner, the larger sink, and extra space.

Back
Top Bottom