Gray Water tank for Hawk

Here some more photos with the bag wrapped in towels, then installed with a side view and drain papas-got-a-brand-new-bag.gifIt's an animated gif so if you open it it will show all photos

I like that idea bobm.

I would fill it full of water and then duct tape the crap out of the outside of the bladder.

Good idea. I took it out of the truck and removed the towel, replaced with a pair of levi pant legs from some oversized pants I had and went crazy with the duct tape. I left some of the denim exposed to dry out if there was any light leakage. With the pant leg and tape it at least won't burst so any light leakage will just travel out the truck bed.ducky.jpg

Good idea. I took it out of the truck and removed the towel, replaced with a pair of levi pant legs from some oversized pants I had and went crazy with the duct tape. I left some of the denim exposed to dry out if there was any light leakage. With the pant leg and tape it at least won't burst so any light leakage will just travel out the truck bed.View attachment 15711

I like the idea of the expanding bag. How is the flow coming out of the sink without a vent on the bag? I though about a bag before the PVC pipe I used but could not find any thing heavy enough. A friend told me I may not get a good flow into the bag with just gravity from the drain.

Bill in Stockton

Bill - a couple of questions. How did you attach the PVC to the side of the truck bed? What is the vent hose for? Is that a custom fresh water drain - did you move it for some reason? Mine just comes out of the lower part of the camper.

thanks!

Bill - a couple of questions.
How did you attach the PVC to the side of the truck bed?
I screwed small D rings to the inside of the pickup bed and use small bungies to hold the pipe.

What is the vent hose for?
To let pressure out of the tank so it fill with out a "burp"

Is that a custom fresh water drain - did you move it for some reason? Mine just comes out of the lower part of the camper.
Yes my valve broke and I put in a 90 degree elbow and ran a hose to a valve in the bac,

thanks!

Hope this answers your questions.

Bill

Thanks Bill. I forgot to ask - is the vent hose for the clean water or gray water? I don't see it attached to the gray water tank.

Any thoughts on using Pex or flexible landscape hose instead of PVC or copper for the various pieces?

Is there room for this gray water solution on a Tacoma/Fleet? I found it really practical. It fit perfectly on my first gen Tundra, but it pulls too much to the left now...

Attachments

• IMG_7123.jpeg
    IMG_7123.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6563.jpeg
    IMG_6563.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom