Great Basin National Park - July 2019

Thanks Ski great trip photos.
Most people miss the great sites of Nevada
as they head along the interstates. It's hard
to believe that there is such great scenery out off
the road.
The GBNP is one place we have thought to go.
Driven close several times and actually stopped on
one trip but couldn't stay.
Very beautiful country.
Frank

Wow- you guys are sure getting around - good on you!! I haven't been to Great Basin NP for years. Is Baker Creek CG the same one that was totally undeveloped back in the 90's?? I used to camp somewhere south of the main road taking you up to the park. I just remember driving as far as I could on an unmarked forest road until I hit an Aspen Grove with a creek running nearby. A ranger had told me about it when I couldn't get to the main cg because of snow. Thanks again for the great pics and story. Why are we always trying to catch up to the ladies??

Way to go- another nice trip. We've been to Great Basin but in the winter- totally different place in the summer! Our kids will be through there next week. Thanks for the report and the pics.

Ski, another fun trip. Thanks for the ride along. What I would give to see some snow. Heat index in Indy over 100 for third day. It is down right ugly. That area is so beautiful. jd

Frank, Great Basin National Park is calling! :)

Thanks for the nice comment.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks Ski great trip photos.
Most people miss the great sites of Nevada
as they head along the interstates. It's hard
to believe that there is such great scenery out off
the road.
The GBNP is one place we have thought to go.
Driven close several times and actually stopped on
one trip but couldn't stay.
Very beautiful country.
Frank

Ronin, thanks for the nice comment, we appreciate it. We've only started to use Baker Creek around ten years or so ago, so I'm unable to help with your question. I like to try to keep up with the ladies.

Ronin said:
Wow- you guys are sure getting around - good on you!! I haven't been to Great Basin NP for years. Is Baker Creek CG the same one that was totally undeveloped back in the 90's?? I used to camp somewhere south of the main road taking you up to the park. I just remember driving as far as I could on an unmarked forest road until I hit an Aspen Grove with a creek running nearby. A ranger had told me about it when I couldn't get to the main cg because of snow. Thanks again for the great pics and story. Why are we always trying to catch up to the ladies??

Thanks takesiteasy! We'll need to return for a winter experience at Great Basin National Park.

takesiteasy said:
Way to go- another nice trip. We've been to Great Basin but in the winter- totally different place in the summer! Our kids will be through there next week. Thanks for the report and the pics.

jd, thanks for the nice comment. I wish we could send you snow but I expect it would not survive the shipping.

longhorn1 said:
Ski, another fun trip. Thanks for the ride along. What I would give to see some snow. Heat index in Indy over 100 for third day. It is down right ugly. That area is so beautiful. jd

Back
Top Bottom