Great Buy On A Late Model ATC Puma SOLD

chnlisle

Post Master
A client called me yesterday and told me that because of his health he must sell his Puma. This is a long bed camper but it works very nicely in a short bed truck. I have a long bed camper in my short bed and I've sold quite a few for short bed trucks. The additional 18" really is nice to have.

He ordered this Puma in October of 2011 and took delivery in late December. It's located in the San Diego area. I haven't seen it but he says he's only used it 6 times. He paid more than $13,000 for it and the options include 3 way fridge, gas roof lifting struts, auxiliary battery system and jacks & brackets. He's asking $10,500. Let me know if your interested.

Screen Shot 2013-08-24 at 9.55.54 AM.png

Ty. I am so jazzed. I have wanted a pop-up for 30 years. I cannot wait to try it out.
There is so much to do. I have to figure out how to hang my old Trans Awn awning on it, maybe some air bags, but it really rides nice on the road now. I have to figure out how to work the 3 way fridge. These are problems I *like* having.

I noticed that. I am planning on setting the camper on some 1" or 1.5" spacers. Maybe shove some kind of air bag between the cab and camper?

How tight can the space be before it becomes a problem? I have not really twisted the frame yet on anything more radical than my driveway. It looks like about an inch of clearance now. I just bought some 2x4s for spacers and a cordless drill to operate the jacks. The hand cranks are insanely tedious.

My Bobcat on the Tundra has abut 3 1/2" clearance.The 2x4s would give you almost 3" seems enough. An 1" might not be enough.The frame might just tweak a little bit and cause some damage.
I am sure other members bight have some info.
Frank

My gas mileage actually improved a tiny bit after mounting it in that low position. Raising it will open the gap and increase frontal area.
I guess it is all trial and error now. I just hope the error part is not too expensive. :D

craig333 said:
I have about a hair more than two inches of clearance. Its plenty.
I'll try the 2x4s for spacers and see how it goes. If there is lots of clearance while wracking the frame, I will try something thinner.
Did I mention that I was jazzed? It only took me 30 years to finally get a pop-up off road camper.

My awesome high tech camper raising technology. Thank you Lowe's lumber department!

255hwu1.jpg

Looks to be around 2.5 inches of clearance now.

29zr85e.jpg

I will road test it next weekend with a 1000 mile round trip to northern California. I will not be able to compare the mileage accurately because I will be towing an empty 16 ft flatbed on the way up and a loaded 16 ft flatbed with a restored 1943 WWII GPW Jeep on it for the return trip.

Did I mention that I was jazzed? :)

Looks good.That should work for you and it doesn't raise it too high.
Maybe we will cross paths next week.We head out to the coast than north tomorrow .
If you spot a "garnet" color Tundra,give a wave.
Frank

winks said:
My awesome high tech camper raising technology. Thank you Lowe's lumber department!

255hwu1.jpg

Looks to be around 2.5 inches of clearance now.

29zr85e.jpg

I will road test it next weekend with a 1000 mile round trip to northern California. I will not be able to compare the mileage accurately because I will be towing an empty 16 ft flatbed on the way up and a loaded 16 ft flatbed with a restored 1943 WWII GPW Jeep on it for the return trip.

Did I mention that I was jazzed? :)
My first Jeep was a '43 GPW. Post some pictures.

I will be waving to every garnet colored Tundra I see! Wave back to all the bland white Ford truck and camper combos!
Jeep pics will be posted. There is no way I could resist posting them.

Back
Top Bottom