Great Westerner Trail... info wanted

sourdough

The Great Western Trail is a unique corridor of braided and paralleling trails for both motorized and non-motorized users. The trail system traverses 4,455 miles through Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana. It incorporates stunning desert and canyon landscapes, plateaus, woodlands, dense forests and alpine meadows. It links 18 National Forests, Tribal, State and BLM administered lands and encompasses the most diverse vegetation, topography and wildlife in the western United States.
sourced from.... http://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2

I only just heard of this trail. Is there a book maping this route? I'd love to travel this route south to north this summer.

That http://www.greatwesterntrail.org page also has links to maps and documents. The blog looks outdated, but there might be clues in there, if you can't find much other places.

Also check off-highway groups for the various states in which the trail runs.

Good luck and keep us posted on your discoveries.

It seems someone could assemble all the lose info into one guide for the complete length. I'd be much more interested in traveling the route then.... oh well. Thanks for the replies. Bosque Bill, what did I miss, it's your blog right?

soughdough said:
It seems someone could assemble all the lose info into one guide for the complete length. I'd be much more interested in traveling the route then.... oh well.
Did I hear a volunteer? I'd be willing to bet that if you gathered the information, the forum administrators would find a place for it to live here on the WTW site.

Yep, that's my blog. Don't know what you missed as I don't know what you hit :p

Nice. It looks a lot like the Continental Divide ride that i went on last year from Canada to AZ on my DP bike. Awesome scenery and time travel.

LOL, there is no guide that covers the "corridor of braided and paralleling trails for both motorized and non-motorized users."
I ran into the same thing looking for a guided route up thru California. there is none.

Back
Top Bottom