GroovyDad, Hoyden and the MuleHawks Meet Up

GroovyDad

I had planned to meet up with Hoyden at Buckeye Hot Springs as she passed through my neck of the woods during her month long camp/road trip through the west.

Once we were all set up and visiting, the MuleHawks just happened to be in the area and were looking for a campsite nearby, so we all got together for a very nice night of camping and a morning of soaking.

Here's a link to my blog post of the trip:

GroovyDad, Hoyden and the MuleHawks Meet Up

BHS.jpg

Awesome, looks like a blast. Buckeye is on my short list of places to check out..

Nice get together. I have looked at that campground as a possible stay but haven't made it over there yet.
Maybe your report will be the "push" we need.
Thanks for posting.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Nice get together. I have looked at that campground as a possible stay but haven't made it over there yet.
Maybe your report will be the "push" we need.
Thanks for posting.
Frank
You don't have to go to the campground because there's always plenty of boondocking sites and they're closer to the hot springs than the campground. Also, if you want to stay at the campground for whatever reason, it does NOT have piped water any longer. The old guide books say that it does, but that's no longer the case (unless they've recently fixed it).

GroovyDad said:
You don't have to go to the campground because there's always plenty of boondocking sites and they're closer to the hot springs than the campground. Also, if you want to stay at the campground for whatever reason, it does NOT have piped water any longer. The old guide books say that it does, but that's no longer the case (unless they've recently fixed it).
Thanks,no water,no problem.
Frank

Such random timing to see MuleHawks!!! Great write-up! What a wonderful couple of days that was. Love meeting new campering folks!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Wander The West mobile app

This was so much fun for us! We were just getting over a bug and great company, scenery and hot springs really lifted our spirits. Thanks for inviting us to camp with you guys it is definitely one of the highlights of our adventure!

GroovyDad and Hoyden thanks so much for all the tips for things to see and do! We are at Hot Creek at the moment, beautiful area!

www.mulehawk.com

MuleHawk said:
This was so much fun for us! We were just getting over a bug and great company, scenery and hot springs really lifted our spirits. Thanks for inviting us to camp with you guys it is definitely one of the highlights of our adventure!

GroovyDad and Hoyden thanks so much for all the tips for things to see and do! We are at Hot Creek at the moment, beautiful area!

www.mulehawk.com
I'm following you all now via your blog and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next and where you all decide to finally land and plant roots.

Every time I read one of these hot springs reports I get jealous. Here in Minnesota we should have hot springs. It would only be fair! Looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for the report.

Today I was editing emails and guess what, MuleHawk (Luke and Amy) stayed at our place this past Summer after a time in Canada. Small world. Very cool people. Happy trails again. We offer free camping to Boondockets Welcome members. We have met some amazing people that way.

If you stop by and say you are a WTW member then of course you can camp for free. Otherwise we charge $5 for a place to park with a picnic table and access to 3000 acres of trails.

clikrf8 said:
Today I was editing emails and guess what, MuleHawk (Luke and Amy) stayed at our place this past Summer after a time in Canada. Small world. Very cool people. Happy trails again. We offer free camping to Boondockets Welcome members. We have met some amazing people that way.
We really enjoyed our stay on your property! Thanks again for putting us up and the tomatoes! They were delicious!

www.mulehawk.com

Back
Top Bottom