Guitar Storage?

Garymc

Advanced Member
I have a bad habit of taking my Martin with me everywhere and was wondering if there are any other players on the board and where in the camper they store their guitars while on the road? Is there enough room between the back of the couch and the window?

-Gary Mc

Hi Gary,
What model(Martin) do you have? Hard Case? I would definately bring the humidifier.
I have a Taylor, no camper yet.....

Very good question. I am not a guitarist but a bassist. The only thing I can say is get a good case. I know some companies offer warranties and guaranties, but not something I've done a lot of research on.

I'm only a mediocre 12 string player so I don't bring it all the time but when I do it's in a hard case on the sofa with sleeping bags wedged between it & the galley. I usually have an ice chest on the floor & water jugs so they keep the bags up at the same height as the sofa more or less. The biggest problem is I have to unlaod the camper to put the top up - gotta be a better solution. I don't think there would be room behind the sofa even if I didn't already have that space crammed full - did I mention I have to fit a family of four in there LOL.
Doug.

I play bass and guitar and have put both in the camper.They get rapped in my sleeping bag and I put a therma rest down on the floor.I put them there so they can't fly around.I don't have a Martin but I use a cheap segull on the camping trips for entertainment. My upright bass even fits in the isle but I only bring that for gigs.

Back
Top Bottom