Halloween and Getting Ready For Winter

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
This is the weekend we finish up getting ready for winter around our home. If not already done, the old Snapper snowblower and the little Massey Ferguson tractor get new engine oil. Any gas (treated) still in the storage cans goes into the truck. Any diesel goes in my buddy's truck. The gas cans and diesel can are filled with fresh fuel and treated. Anything outside that does not stay out for the winter is put into storage. Double check that all irrigation water lines are shut down and drained.

Extra credit for today was replacing the old fuel line on the Snapper snowblower.

Last - and reason I'm posting this - the truck and the Lady's Subaru get new wiper blades. Nothing worse that having old cracked blades freeze up in the middle of a snow storm. Start the stormy season with new wiper blades.

ski3pin said:
Last - and reason I'm posting this - the truck and the Lady's Subaru get new wiper blades. Nothing worse that having old cracked blades freeze up in the middle of a snow storm. Start the stormy season with new wiper blades.
No freezing where I am... but I certainly appreciated new wiper blades myself while driving a few hundred miles in moderate to heavy rain -- especially at night. No streaks!

I keep a set of the old blades in the propane box.
I have heard that some areas ravens like to tare
the rubber from the blade.
So having the extra old set is cheap insurance.

Maybe this should be under "varmints" also.
Frank

And you did... cross posted....

Good idea for spare wipers. I have two new sets of wipers on the shelf I can stash one pair in the propane box.

Years ago they also liked then in Utah at lower Calf Creek Falls campground/parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom