Handy for solo wanderers without a spotter

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
Phone-controlled Range Rover helps you get out of a jam
Engadget.com

range-rover-sport-remote-control.jpg

I wonder if there's gonna be an after-market version that will work on my 2000 Ford F250? :unsure:

(actually...I bet that hobbyists/gear-heads already have such things)

I got out of the serious 4X4 hobby before all the WiFi cameras became available. I know folks who have mounted camera's strategically located to see what is underneath, that normally only a spotter could see. Has to be cheaper than a remote controlled vehicle.

Given the wide angle FOV on my GoPro's I could see how one or two feeding a signal to a in-cab tablet display could really assist with tire placement.

If people are looking for peace and simplicity you'd be on foot -- not riding in a big chunk of metal technology in the first place, so no need for a spotter -- human or otherwise.
;)

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I wonder how long it will be until we see a Darwin award for the guy that didn't get out of the way....
The proximity sensor in the phone could be used to take care of that.

But what I'd be more concerned about is some kind of Skynet type scenario... :unsure:

;)

Well, I'm sitting here waiting the spotter to put down the camera and spot, so yeah, I might like something like that. I've tried dogs, they're horrible spotters.

Back
Top Bottom