Has anyone installed an Eagle Model on the "older" Tundra Access Cab Pickup (2001 to 2006)

flyingm11

Hello, I just recently purchased a 2001 Tundra. I have a 2002 eagle model camper. I realize the FWC model that is supposed to be used on a Tundra is the "Hawk" model, but has anyone installed an Eagle on a 2001 (or similar) Tundra? Is there anything I need to be aware of before starting the project (eye bolts, wiring harness, etc.) Thanks for any input.

You might need to add some 3/4" - 1" wooden runners to the bottom of the camper.

If your camper was originally built for an older body style tacoma, the camper base won't be quite as deep, thus the need for a small addition to the camper base when putting the camper on the Tundra.

The eye bolts will go in the same places as before.

But you can call our service department to get the recommend eye bolt placement locations if you like.

FWC SERVICE

1-800-242-1442

ASK FOR TERRY

You will also need to swing-out brackets and extension plates for the front camper jacks.

The Eagle Model is very narrow for the Tundra, so if you don't extend the front camper jacks you won't be able to back under the camper to load it.

REALLY watch the small white plastic camper water tank drain under the driver's side of the camper when you lower the camper down in the Tundra for the first time. Sometimes you might need to re-route the water tank drian so it is not smashing on the bed rail of your truck.

Hope this helps.

Happy Camping !

:)

Attachments

• Swing Out Brackets (aluminum plate extensions).JPG
    Swing Out Brackets (aluminum plate extensions).JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Swing-Out bracket Extension 1.jpg
    Swing-Out bracket Extension 1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Swing-out bracket extension 2.jpg
    Swing-out bracket extension 2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Swingoutbrkt3.jpg
    Swingoutbrkt3.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Water Tank Drain.jpg
    Water Tank Drain.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 176
more pics. . .

Attachments

• Tundra (Grey) with Eagle.jpg
    Tundra (Grey) with Eagle.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 552
  • Tundra (grey) with Eagle 2.jpg
    Tundra (grey) with Eagle 2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 293
  • Tundra (side shot 2).jpg
    Tundra (side shot 2).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 293
  • Tundra @ Sunset.jpg
    Tundra @ Sunset.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 279
  • Tundra with Eagle in Field.jpg
    Tundra with Eagle in Field.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 263
This is great information, I appreciate all the tips from the seasoned veterans :) I already have the swing out brackets, so that is a start. I will be careful with the water drain. I wasn't aware that I might need an extra inch or two on the height, to get it to clear the cab. When I bought the Tundra it already had a piece of plywood with foam underneath, I hope that is enough to get me the extra inch (see picture). Do you think this will work? Regarding the spacing of the eye bolts, I would be interested to know the distance between the two front botls, distance between the two rear bolts (likely the same), and distance between front and rear bolts. If someone has this information handy, please pass it on. Otherwise I'll make a phone call to FWC on Monday.

Or perhaps I should find someone willing to trade an eagle model for a hawk model of similar value... there's an idea I may need to pursue.

I'm really looking forward to spending a week in the camper in late November for archery mule deer season in Idaho. I suspect I'll finally get to use that furnace of mine!

plywood-foam_resized.jpg

Pictures of mounting bolts,02 Tundra/Bobcat 2 are of the left rear one right front.Hope this helps.Looks like you also have a red Tundra.

Frank

Attachments

• DSCN0193.jpg
    DSCN0193.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN0194.jpg
    DSCN0194.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCN0195.jpg
    DSCN0195.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 161
Hello,

I sold my tacoma and now would like some easy directions as to what exactly I need to do to put my 2000 Eagle on my 2001 Tundra. I use the independent 3 jacks to raise and lower the camper onto the bed.....the bed`s too deep and the jack bolts on the underside will gouge my bed rails! Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

My ATC Bobcat is mounted on a 1st gel Tundra.The Bobcat is basically the same as an Eagle just 4"or so wider.
It fits in the bed no problem height was OK,but Marty did have to move the water tank drain to the rear as it would hit the top side of the bed.I don't have jacks,but I think extenders would be needed on the front.Not sure.
Good luck.I like the look and fit of the Bobcat on the Tundra.It works for us.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom