Has anyone purchased a 110v Lithium battery charger?

billharr

Looking to buy a small Lithium battery charger. my new motorcycle* came with a lithium battery and I know the float on my battery tender is not the best for a lithium battery. Looked and there are a lot of options cheap to very expensive. Anyone using one they are happy with?

attachment.php

I'm using a NOCO 26000. Note that even this unit, rated at 26A, only pushes about 10A into my 200AH BBorn battery bank.

I have one from Ballistic Batteries before they went out of business that works great. The only issue is that there's so little loss with a LiFePO4 battery that I only need to run the charger for an hour or so every few months if that. Honestly, if you ride it for any distance at least once a month, you probably wont need a charger.

Do you want a charger to charge a dead battery, or are you thinking trickle charge? I've been researching 50 Ah to 200 Ah batteries, and my understanding is that LiFePO4 batteries are best not kept at 100% SoC. For long term storage 50% SoC is recommended. LiFePO4
also have very low loss, so if you start your bike every 2 or 3 months, you should be fine. Do check the specs on your 18 Ah battery, though. It could have different specs than what I'm looking at.

Back
Top Bottom