Has anyone tried the new Hellwig Spring Pack for Tacomas?

Bread

Advanced Member
I have the Toyota TSB 4 leaf springs on my 2011 Tacoma 4wd access cab v6 with new Fleet Shell. When the camper is not loaded, the rear sags a bit. Imagine when I'm fully loaded, it will be worse. It looks like the Hellwig leaf pack for Tacoma might be the ticket http://www.hellwigproducts.com/new-products/4231/

I thought about adding some Boss Airbags, but some seem to think that airbags are not a good solution ( too much pressure on one point of the chassis) and that you should always start with upgrading the springs.

My camper is not on the truck full time.

Any thoughts? Hoping to get my set-up right and road worthy for the long haul.

Bread said:
I thought about adding some Boss Airbags, but some seem to think that airbags are not a good solution ( too much pressure on one point of the chassis) and that you should always start with upgrading the springs.

My camper is not on the truck full time.

Any thoughts? Hoping to get my set-up right and road worthy for the long haul.
For me, anything that can spring a leak and deflate other than tires is unreliable. I know there's an argument for ride comfort with the camper off, but I bought my truck with the thought the camper would smooth the ride. Don't like things that can leak air.

The Hellwig spring pack for Tacomas looks like a good concept and it's cool that they built them with FWC in mind, but since they are not long on the market, it seems very few are using them. Can't find any online reviews. The Supersprings, on the other hand, have quite a following and come highly recommended. Probably best to go with the proven system.

On the other hand, Hellwig did design these to support the FWC. The word "progressive" caught my eye. Progressive will help lessen the impact of the additional springs when the camper is off the truck. Progressive should also help accommodate the travel when driving over varying terrain. At least in theory.

Try RV LIFE Pro Free for 7 Days

• New Ad-Free experience on this RV LIFE Community.
  • Plan the best RV Safe travel with RV LIFE Trip Wizard.
  • Navigate with our RV Safe GPS mobile app.
  • and much more...
Try RV Life Pro Today
Back
Top Bottom