Has anyone used Uship to ship a camper?

aharpold

Has anyone used the Uship service for a camper (https://www.uship.com)? Is it trustworthy? How do you protect yourself and the camper?

What about other services to get a camper from a driveway in southern California to a driveway in Reno?

Uship is only a referral/bid service to connect you with an individual who will make the delivery for you......it will all depend on who you choose to make the trip.

You have an opportunity to ask questions of the shipper before accepting their bid.

I used to make regular runs from Oregon to our property in Virginia and often delivered for folks on the East bound leg while returning West with my own things......helped with gas and met some nice folks....there are a lot of folks doing this now especially from the antique car and tractor hobby.

If you are considering buying a camper sight unseen AND having to pay for delivery from NV to Cal I would strongly think it is worth you time to go see it and bring it back yourself.

Just my thoughts

David Graves

I had a vehicle shipped using that site. One thing to look out for are the agents. They take your RFQ and send it out elsewhere. If the fit hits the shan it makes for a mess with everyone pointing fingers elsewhere. I would NOT accept a quote from anyone not doing the work themselves. Then the mover knows who their obligation is to.

Yes. I had my camper delivered via Uship. Got a lot of bids ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars. Went very well and used them for several other items. The key is to have a wide time frame.

cwd

I've used Uship to ship a motorcycle 500 miles (for less than the cost of driving 1000 miles round trip to get it. My buddy just used Uship to get a motorcycle from New York to Washington, and again from Calgary, Alberta to the Washington border.

Uship works best, as noted above, when you have a wide time frame to deal with, as it allows more options from a greater number of shippers. Uship can work very well if you do it right.

Back
Top Bottom