Hawk - 2006 Tundra Dcab

super doody

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 2006 Tundra Cab and as luck would have I found a 2012 Hawk for sale. Before I make the 7 hr round-trip trek, I would want to ensure the Hawk will fit on the Tundra. The Hawk was built for 2008 F250. Based on what I have read, Tundras have the shallowest bedsides and Fords have the deepest. Based on this, the camper should fit on the Tundra but I might have some gap between the bed rail and the camper.

Should I be concerned about the fit? Anything else I should look for? BTW my Eagle is for sale.

Thanks,

Jim

I just purchased a used Hawk for my first gen Tundra, it sits a little high and is a tight fit but works ok.

Sorry I don't have any pics with me, am on a 5 day work trip until Sunday.

Jim

You will probably have a larger gap over the cab to the camper overhang if the camper was designed for the SD.
They have the tallest cab by far.....might look a little weird and catch more air?

DuntonMeadow1.jpgMy '06 Tundra carries my 2012 Hawk just fine. Its a bit higher over bed rails and cab than some fits, and is tight in the bed, but works great for us.

It will fit just fine. I would think about firestone air ride and some Michelin E rated tires. This is my 2005 with a 2013 Hawk.

img_108229_0_2cd263d38bafcdc3930f7b345cd2d727.jpg

Thanks for all the advice all. Unfortunately, I decided to hold off on the camper. We'll probably wait till early spring time. We just don't have enough room for two trucks and two campers.

Hi Jim! Hope you're enjoying the new ride. The 2011 you saw in my driveway is the same form/fit as the 2012. The tundra is set up perfect for that model. Give me a call if you have questions. I might know a bit about your set up :)

Babelabe said:
Hi Jim! Hope you're enjoying the new ride. The 2011 you saw in my driveway is the same form/fit as the 2012. The tundra is set up perfect for that model. Give me a call if you have questions. I might know a bit about your set up :)

Grayson? Did you change your SN? The Tundra is working our really well. Lots of room for two adults, a baby and a dog. Can't wait to get outside with the family. :D

I guess this explains why you are selling your other set up. Glad to see you are not abandoning the truck camper game. I think you'll find your 2006 DC more than capable.

SunMan said:
I guess this explains why you are selling your other set up. Glad to see you are not abandoning the truck camper game. I think you'll find your 2006 DC more than capable.
Thanks SunMan. I wasn't really looking but the truck was in great condition and the wife liked the idea so we went for it. We just can't fit a baby seat and baby in Tacoma. Looking forward to getting the family outdoors. If we can't find some thing I like, I might just have ATC build us a camper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom