Hawk and Flat Screen Mounting

snorris

Thinking about a Hawk with the front dinette and cassette toilet. Interested in being able to mount a flat screen some where to watch movies on those rainy days and maybe add a cable tv connection. Any ideas most appreciated. :)

Don't have one, but its a thought. How would I be able to watch a ball game etc that way? Not really tech savvy on a lot of this stuff. How does your Tundra handle the Hawk? I'm thinking of a new Tundra and Hawk.

I got a 22 inch LED HDTV monitor for about a hundred bucks and mounted a wire loop on it so I can hang it on the knob above the mirror at the rear door of my Hawk. The monitor runs on 12v and works as a TV or computer monitor. It only weighs about 6 pounds and the setup works well. It stores with bungee cords against the wall behind the cassette toilet.

astro said:
I got a 22 inch LED HDTV monitor for about a hundred bucks and mounted a wire loop on it so I can hang it on the knob above the mirror at the rear door of my Hawk. The monitor runs on 12v and works as a TV or computer monitor. It only weighs about 6 pounds and the setup works well. It stores with bungee cords against the wall behind the cassette toilet.
Incredible, we can have screens so light and stowable. What sort of player are you using with the screen? Laptop?

snorris-

I have a hawk shell model on a 2011 Tundra Doublecab and it drives great. The only mod I did to the suspension is I had the rear springs modified to handle the extra weight without air bags or sway bars. I didn't want to change the off-road abilities of the truck. Boise Spring Works in Boise, ID did the work for about $500.

Since I had the Hawk installed I have driven about 3200 miles in ID, WY, CO, and NM. I have driven lots of windy mountain passes on pavement, lots of fast gravel roads, and lots of off-road on two elk hunts. The vehicle drives great in all conditions. It feels very secure and in control on the highway and rides and drives great off road. I am surprised at how unnoticeable the camper is while driving.

All that said, if I was going to get a new Truck for the camper I would not get the Tundra for two reasons. First, Tundras are one of the worst gas mileage (and range due to small gas tank) full size pickups. Second, other even 1/2 ton trucks such as the Ford F-150 have higher carrying capacities.

I only kept the Tundra because I already owned it free and clear. It does drive great with the camper so I'll probably keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

snorris said:
Don't have one, but its a thought. How would I be able to watch a ball game etc that way? Not really tech savvy on a lot of this stuff. How does your Tundra handle the Hawk? I'm thinking of a new Tundra and Hawk.
We also watch CD/DVDs in the evening and had been using our lap top.That got to be a hassle so before our long Alaska trip I found on line a Sylvania SDVD 1332, portable CD/DVD player it's the size of a lap top but doesn't have to go through all the start up that a computer does.
Will also take memory sticks and camera cards. Comes with a 12v & 110v charger.
Light weight and the screen is 13" in size.Works great a bit pricey at about $150,we felt is was worth it.Can use it anywhere.
Frank

I installed a 24 inch led monitor that has a hdmi port. with a small sony hdmi dvd player. mounting it on an arm that is bolted to the passenger side cupboard side.

tree said:
I installed a 24 inch led monitor that has a hdmi port. with a small sony hdmi dvd player. mounting it on an arm that is bolted to the passenger side cupboard side.
Do you have any pictures of your mount?

1990 Ford F-250
1997 fwc grandby

Back
Top Bottom