Hawk For The Ram

chnlisle

Post Master
Hi Y'all,
We are semi comfortably moved into to our Tucson house. The heat doesnt seem to bother us but time will tell. Rember its the humidity not the heat. Yeah right.

I'm leaving tomorrow or Monday for WA to get a 2004 Hawk thats been used 4 times. I'll be taking my lap top with me so I'll give you all the low down when I get there.

One question though. Why does every FWC I'm interested in live in Washington?
Jay

Woo- hoo!!!

Way to go Jay! Now maybe some of the guilt I have for "stealing" your other one from you will pass....Thanx again! Heading to Baja next week to shake it down...

Glad to hear you and Pam have settled in nicely...Your really missing it here in the Nard.....FOG, FOG,FOG....the June gloom is in effect...

Glad to see you posting again..Say hello to Pam...

Tom

2004 Hawk

There was a 2004 Hawk for sale in Sierra Vista on craigslist.(Tucson 1/6/07)Leaving Tucson to go to the northwest for any reason this time of year sounds good to me!!!!!!!!!!Welcome to Tucson.

Thanks LMM. I've soured criags list for all seven western states pretty much everyday since May 25. My guess is its long gone. Its 70 in Seattle today

Tommy, Pam says hi. We dont miss the June gloom we have been out and about in the heat and its pretty much ok. Have fun in Baja and dont drive at night. Will you be surfing at all while there?

Jay

Jay,

Con favor de Dios, I will geta wave or two...not sure how much swell is in the forecast for that week...all I can do is go see! that's most the fun...last year I went the same week and it was awesome..lots of swell, minimal wind, and I never ran out of beer:D

a few photos from last year..

TT

Attachments

• T and Pelli surfin.JPG
    T and Pelli surfin.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 636
  • lipper.JPG
    lipper.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 609
  • Thumbs up.JPG
    Thumbs up.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 642
whoa!!!!

Hawk on a Ram?!? So cool. Congrats and welcome to the club. Still working on my Hawk shell. Love the camper. Wish It was all ready to go, but always something to do or modify. Still have yet to mount my Shady Boy awning. Just no free time.

I am here in Seattle. Send me a private message. Perhaps we could get some FWC/ATC folks for a little pow wow!!

Dave

hope that camper works out for you

we had a bunch of calls on it, so it should be gone FAST !

It should be in good condition, sounded like he only used it a few times

The son sounded like a nice guy, but he probably won't know too much about the camper (it was a gift -- he is selling the camper and wants to keep the truck)

Call me if you have any questions about it

I sold it to his dad a few years back and still have a copy of the invoice

happy camping !

Thanks Stan,
I picked it up Monday afternoon and after 3400 miles I got back to Tucson last night. It is in great shape with very little use. It sat outside so it needs a good scrubbing but otherwise its just what I wanted. It doesnt have a furnace and I rarely need one so I think I'll go witha a portable HeatPal. I do need to install an auxilary batt in it and I'm not quite sure how its wired. Its different than the '01 Ranger I had so I'll give you a call sometime this week for advise. I'm glad you're on the site between you and Ben we are all benefitting.
Thanks, Jay

chnlisle,
Congratulations on the new camper. 3,400 miles. Now that's dedication to the cause. Did I miss the price on that camper or was it not posted. Would you mind sharing it with us? Best of luck.

DLN,
It wasnt cheap but considering it has only been used 3 or 4 times and it was just what I wanted I felt it was worth the drive and the 7 grand. It is absolutely brand new inside and a little soap and water and the exterior will be too. I think he paid 9K for it in '04.
Jay

Tom,
You could have seen it in person. I drove by your house Tuesday around 10:30 but I guess you were at work.
When do you leave for Baja?
Ill snap a few pix after I scrub it down.
Jay

Hi Jay,

Nope wasn't at work..I just got out of the freekin hospital after four days... I had a little pimple on my nose that ended up being antibiotic resistant staff ( I have no idea!). the pimple(wasn't reall a pimple by that time, I looked like rudolph) went inwards and the end result was toxic shock syndrome( they think). Long story, but it came close to messing me up BAD..sooooooo, no Baja next week as I am still recovering strength and getting my $hit together.

GNARLY experience!!

Sorry I missed you, but glad to be typing this..

will be doing Baja later in the summer...

Tom

Thomas,
Holy Smokes!

Sounds like you need a vacation. better take that camper out and do some field testing. Maybe what the doctor ordered?

Rest and relaxation does lead to improved healing, me thinks....

Good luck

Dave

Tom,
Daves right. Sounds like you're going to be ready for a foray south. I'm glad you're recovering. Wow what a scare. Whats the deal in VC? My buddy Gene over in the Keys had a big C scare this week. Alls well that ends well.

Pam and I are planning a shorty to Puerto Penasco to break in the Hawk.

Jay

tom, glad to hear your all right, jeez, sounds like a pretty good scare...come on jay, where are those pics! :D

Thanx for the well wishes boyz...will be looking forward to a trip soon. was supposed to leave today, been waitin for june 23rd for a long time...

ahh well, I just hung the hammock, put on the Buena Vista Social club, and added the finishing touches on a batch of yellowtail Ceviche...life is good in the 'Nard:D

Attachments

• DSCN1087.JPG
    DSCN1087.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 268
I'm glad you're on the mend

Neither Staph nor Toxic shock syndrome are anything to sneeze at, especially in your case (pun intended). I'm glad you're on the mend. Don't have too many of those Negro Modelos, your doctor might not like it. Still, that's a nice looking "recovery" kit you have.

Best of luck to you.

thanx EDO,

Yeah the Negras are for the wife at this point...hard to eat ceviche without beer, but, a man must make sacrifices..

I am on the mend and feeling stonger every day....gonna hit the kayak for an hour today, get the blood pumping a bit..

Hi Tom,

How's the recovery coming?

After the smoke clears on the beach next week I'll be heading to the Nard for a day or two with the Hawk on my truck. I'll let you know the exact dates. Man I'm going to miss the boot leg fireworks show for the first time in fifteen years. So enjoy it for Pam and me.

Back
Top Bottom