Hawk (Kestrel) or Fleet for my 2001 Tundra

Gary515, I have a 2001 Tundra with a 2006 Hawk on it. The clearances are a non-factor, I've never had an issue with either the bed rail clearance, or the clearance between the roof of the truck and the overhang of the camper. The hawk is the right call for you, I think, because it maximizes your usable space. The camper fits in the bed of the truck like a glove. I added Firestone Ride-Rite air bags and a set of Bilsteins in the back to give added support in back, because the stock suspension couldn't handle the load. I don't regret it, but the Bilsteins might have handled the load by themselves. I think you are right about the resale being easier with the hawk, although I think all of 4 wheels products are in high demand, and no matter what you buy, it will get snapped up quick if you decide to sell it. I am actually selling my rig because it's not large enough for my wife and I. I was weaned on Lances, and wanted to downsize when gas started going through the roof, but I've found the Hawk, although a great custom made camper, is too small for us. (We like to bring a lot of stuff along.) Even when I'm alone, I find that I have to constantly juggle my gear around to make it work. My buddies with Grandbys don't seem to have to spend as much effort rearranging things to maintain order inside the camper. Just bought a Ford Diesel with an 8 foot bed, and hope to upgrade to a Grandby or Keystone.

Back
Top Bottom