Hawk rear window replacement

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
We like to stow our Zodi Extreme behind the roll over seat in our 2008 Hawk. After 40 miles of washboard, the full (2 gal) Zodi leaned into our rear 14"x14" window and blew it out. I duct taped a grocery bag as a field repair which got us through another week, including 19F nights.

Does anyone know a good source for a replacement unit? I could get it reglazed, but the frame seems tweaked.

Thanks guys. Aaron at FWC is helping me figure out if their windows will fit. Apparently the original window mfg. was shut down.
If this doesn't work, I'll check with Marty.

What is it with you and rear windows?! But seriously, sorry to hear this, will be curious how it turns out.

SunMan said:
What is it with you and rear windows?! But seriously, sorry to hear this, will be curious how it turns out.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This time was about 20 miles south of our previous blowout Sunni, where Lippincot makes that straight shot across the valley floor.

Update on the window replacement for the rear window of our Hawk

Aaron at FWC gave me the rough opening dimensions, which I verified match our 08 Hawk.
Today he quoted me $65 + ship/tax which is very reasonable IMHO. My other choice was pulling the vinyl bead, and resetting a custom tempered glass lite.

Kudos to FWC customer service!

Meanwhile, I'm darn glad I can fit the Tundra/Hawk inside our slightly modified garage, after gully-washer rainfall today.!

Back
Top Bottom