Hawk Water leak

JCO

I’m getting some water in the front bunk area. It appears to be coming in through the center LED clearance light. Any suggestions on how to reseal it properly ?

I have used Dicor Sealant for the roof screws and other places on our ATC. Seems to work well and is easy to work with.

You can seal from both sides. On the inside lift the carpet and use a soft putty to seal the hole the wires come through. Remove the screws (spray them with rust paint), clean the siding, caulk the screw holes, and around the wire hole. Reset the light. I didn't do the inside, but the outside repair stopped the apparent leak I had. Been 2-3 years without and issue. Use Dicor or polyurethane sealant. DO NOT use silicone sealant.

Check the seal along the front, mine had collapsed due to age. I refurbished it and have had no leaks since.

All good info thanks everyone. I was thinking about sealing the outside of the lens with clear Proseal, in addition to the recommendations. Thoughts on that ?

You know what ....try taking the whole lens off and see what going on behind it or underneath......if you can and if the base is cracked change it out if you can find the same replacement. They are not expensive. And when reinstalling seal around the base of it and taking it from there.

I just got done taking the whole lens off. There’s no base, no gasket only butyl tape which isn’t sealing well at all. I’m a bit surprised to see nothing under the lens and 2 drain holes in the top and bottom. I’m wondering if someone screwed up and forgot to put a gasket base in. I’m tempted to get a new light assembly but I don’t want any additional holes drilled in the camper. This is why I was thinking about sealing the whole lens perimeter with Geocel Proflex RV and putty the wire hole from both sides.

JCO said:
I just got done taking the whole lens off. There’s no base, no gasket only butyl tape which isn’t sealing well at all. I’m a bit surprised to see nothing under the lens and 2 drain holes in the top and bottom. I’m wondering if someone screwed up and forgot to put a gasket base in. I’m tempted to get a new light assembly but I don’t want any additional holes drilled in the camper. This is why I was thinking about sealing the whole lens perimeter with Geocel Proflex RV and putty the wire hole from both sides.
No, my new Granby in 2016 was the same way. I had water by the bed after a rain, pulled everything back and nothing there stopping the water.

I caulked it all as well.

Thanks for all the input. I Proflexed the lens cover and sealed the wire hole from both sides. Hopefully the problem is solved.

Should be it's a simple and straight forward fix (which makes it that much more frustrating that FWC does'nt resolve it prior to delivery).

Back
Top Bottom