Hawkeye Rovi has been ordered....now we get down to waiting

trikebubble

After a year of discussing what our adventure goals were, 6 months of poking around at options, 3 months of seriously looking for a used Hawk that met our requirements.......last month we drove down to Vancouver, met with Gary from Morrissey Industries and ordered our very own new FWC Hawk.

We had a pretty good idea going in, of what setup, floor plan, and options we wanted. Gary, who is one amazing and informative guy, helped out immensely by offering choices and his own experienced opinions. After listening to, and talking with Gary, we changed up a few options (out with the cassette toilet and in with a porta-potti.....out with the Batwing and in with the standard awning,.....and out with the flush Euro sink/stove and in with the regular sink/stove) and placed our order.
We chose a front dinette model, with a Silver Spur exterior, standard wood interior, and with the grey Silver Spur upholstery. I added solar, the Yakima tracks, the rear wall steps (ok...apparently to be used more as expensive clothing hanging devices than to climb up onto the roof with), a single battery (I will test this setup and add a second battery if I think it's required later), the 3-way fridge, one Fantastic fan and one regular roof vent, the thermal package, and furnace and hot water. Apparently all FWC's that Gary brings in come with the "Canadian Modification package" which includes the aluminum jack brackets, the vent fan for the fridge, and possible different and/or stainless exterior screws somewhere.....maybe something else, I'm not sure.

To say we are stoked would be an understatement. We received an email this week, that our order has gone into the production line...so there is no turning back now.

Hawkeye Rovi will be part of our long term adventure/expedition/camping/road-trippping life goals.....along with the 2014 Tundra I purchased and am modding the heck out of.

I can't say enough good about Gary and his Wife. They invited us into their home ,and we spent 3 hours talking about where we see ourselves traveling, and how we'd like to get there. He was the opposite of pushy, always offering us options and choices, and providing his experiences and opinions when we asked. He made the entire affair one that was completely at ease and enjoyable and I'd recommend that anyone here in Canada who is considering a Four Wheel Camper get in touch with him for a chat.

Trike bubble
Welcome to the family.

You made many good choices in options. Couple of questions. Which roof solar panel did you choose ?
with a 3- way fridge you will befine with one battery as the fan uses: 1,2, and 3 amps depending on speed and the LED lights use 1 amp per two- light fixture and your only using them 2-3 hours per evening.

A 79 amp hour battery gives you about 40 amp hours of service before needing to recharge.

congrats on the new hawk.
We also ordered a hawk from Gary early this week. I agree that Gary is amazing to deal with. A wealth of information and experience. My partner dislikes all things shopping and salespeople but she loved our experience in Anmore.
We went with a 3 way fridge. I’m hoping we chose the right thing.... Front dinette, furnace, water heater, rooftop solar and thermal. We are super excited, to say the least.
Looking forward to hearing some stories.

We received our Hawk in March from Gary and also had a wonderful experience working with him. We have it mounted on a 07 tundra

30 days so far in the camper, mostly weekends and a road trip to sask

the 3 way fridge has been great with our generally cool, cloudy weather and forests around vancouver and its lack of sun. happy we didnt go 2 way. Love the 160w roof solar, hot water, furnace. we park our unit on the street in Van and solar charges our battery.

RC Pilot Jim said:
Trike bubble
Welcome to the family.

You made many good choices in options. Couple of questions. Which roof solar panel did you choose ?
with a 3- way fridge you will befine with one battery as the fan uses: 1,2, and 3 amps depending on speed and the LED lights use 1 amp per two- light fixture and your only using them 2-3 hours per evening.

A 79 amp hour battery gives you about 40 amp hours of service before needing to recharge.
Hey. I went with the largest rooftop mounted solar panel (I can't recall but I thought there was only one option) I also have a portable solar setup consisting of two 75 watt panels that I can use individually, or combined, that I'll use with the Hawk if required. I'd always figured that 2 batteries would be better than one, but in chatting with Gary he mentioned that he has always had a single battery and never ever had any issues. I'll try this setup and see how it goes. With the 3 way fridge I won't require battery power to power the actual fridge, so we may be just fine.

mctacoslayer said:
We received our Hawk in March from Gary and also had a wonderful experience working with him. We have it mounted on a 07 tundra

30 days so far in the camper, mostly weekends and a road trip to sask

the 3 way fridge has been great with our generally cool, cloudy weather and forests around vancouver and its lack of sun. happy we didnt go 2 way. Love the 160w roof solar, hot water, furnace. we park our unit on the street in Van and solar charges our battery.
I knew the experience would be a good one, when the directions Gary sent to us mentioned "turn right and go past the castle" ....any directions and adventure that involve a castle are good by me.

Here's my (work in progress) truck. She is a 2014 Tundra TRD Offroad. I bought her as a lease return with only 65K Km on her.
I've replaced all the suspension components, ADS Racing front coilovers, and rear bypass shocks, MCM Fab upper control arms, full OME Dakar leaf packs, and Firestone Airbags. Changed out the stock wheels and tires for something with more bite, and E rated.
I have a Southern style Offroad Slimline front winch bumper on order, and a new Smittybilt 12K winch sitting in the garage. I've ordered a set of Slee sliders (also accommodating my Wife's request to be able to climb into the truck), and picked up my new Hitchgate rear tire/dual fuel can/Hi-Lift carrier today from the US drop ship place just across the border from me. There will bne a few other odds and sods to buy and install, but that will about cover it.
My intent is to build a capable and comfortable rig, while trying to retain some level of low key stealthyness to the overall look.
I think the whole package, with the Silver Spur exterior of the Hawk should provide for a nice combination.

Attachments

• 22096048_10154713251401637_4741245742955925071_o.jpg
    22096048_10154713251401637_4741245742955925071_o.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom