Heading for Colorado

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Well, time is ticking down here and we're getting excited. Packing the truck up tonight. Fly fishing, several 14ers, and an eight day backpack trip; with some exploring along the way.

Well, time is ticking down here and we're getting excited. Packing the truck up tonight. Fly fishing, several 14ers, and an eight day backpack trip; with some exploring along the way.

Outstanding! Enjoy and take lots of pics
wink.gif

Have a good trip and watch out for the afternoon lighting storms..

We need to get together and do some hiking. Our 9 day trip in the Sierra's is comming up but have not picked a route yet.

Hey ski3pin,

I am in Crested Butte. If you get this way look me up. I have a drift boat and raft and love to get out on the rivers fly fishing. We have some great fishing on the Gunnison and Taylor rivers. We also have a lot of cold beer waiting to be had. 970 275-0691.

Safe travels,

Paul

Now you are going to have the whole world calling you.

Might be in the area end of September for aspen color.

Watch for those falling beetle-kill trees if you are out on the trail and get caught in a storm, 3pin. (or when parking your FWC at the trailhead)

Highs have been 70's-80's lately. 90's below 6K or so. We should be hitting the monsoon season soon..but so far...at least here in the VV...we haven't had much rain this year. What we have had has come in some wicked storms though...

have fun and be safe out there.

mtn

Hey guys, thanks for the thoughts and reminders.

SunMan, enjoy your trip to Baja!

pvstoy, thanks and yep, let's get together sometime. Where you thinking of going in the Sierra?

Phird05, thanks for the very kind offer! We'll save your number. This time we will be north of you. But, we always need to be flexible with weather, etc., so if we find ourselves in the area, we'll call. It would be great just to meet.

mtn-high, thanks for the reminders about storms and trees. We have spent much time backpacking and bagging peaks in the Rockies and keep increasing our experience with storms and watching out for trees, not only from bug kill but also from the big fires.

Don't forget to snap a pic or two!!

Cleaned the Nikon last evening. Trying to figure out how to charge the spare battery with 12V.

My bad...

if yer gonna be anywhere near Vail and need a shower/etc.... gimme a shout. 970-471-1446

So what wilderness are you goin' hiking in? Do i remember you saying Zirkel many months ago?

warmest days of the summer right now. Saying 90F for today here. If it gets any warmer I'm gonna have to move to my cabin in Leadville.... ;-)

be safe

mtn

Have fun out there 3-Pin. I am sure that you are going to have an awesome trip! Looks like the Monsoonal moisture is starting to get organized....should make for some interesting afternoons.

Travel Safe,

Cort

I met 3pin and his lady in Leadville and we hiked a couple of 14ers. 3pin will have a full report when he returns to CA but there will be nothing from me. I was too tired to lift my camera . . .

Stew

Just unloaded the truck and unpacked the packs. A happy end to another adventure. Downloading the photos now. Will do a trip report in several days as we have a lot to get caught up on here.

Stew, great to meet you!

Mtn-high, thanks for the kind note. We did a wide circle around your area twice, but never quite there.

Saw a white Ford/dodge/Chevy (wasn't a Toyota, LOL) with a Hawk on it in Leadville last week (Wed).... and on the way up there yesterday I saw a grey truck with an older FWC on it in Escondido Flats just north of town. I wondered if the white truck was you(?).

glad ya had a good time.

mtn

Hey mtn-high, we drove through Leadville around 4:30 pm last Wednesday in our white ranger and gassed up at the shell on the south end. We had just finished up visiting Camp Hale, my Dad's brother was in the 10th. Huge thunderstorm over Mt. Massive.

Dunno if ya saw me or not....but I think we passed in front of the tralier park north of town. Definitely the same time I was heading back from my loggie in Leadville to the VV that night.

Hard to believe Camp Hale housed so many soldiers now, huh? Every-so-often they have to close that area because there are still unexploded munitions and nasties left by the Gov't from the War days that need to be removed when found.

glad ya had a safe journey

mtn

Attachments

• ch.jpg
    ch.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 107
A lot of nice interpretive work has been done around the Camp Hale area. It made for a really pleasant stop, although I expect this could be really busy on a summer weekend.

Attachments

• Mt-Zirkel-2010-165-web.jpg
    Mt-Zirkel-2010-165-web.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Mt-Zirkel-2010-166-web.jpg
    Mt-Zirkel-2010-166-web.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 96

Back
Top Bottom