Heading to Baja Soon

nixfwc

We are heading to Baja on the 28th of Feb from Chico. We are going to go as far south as Guerrero Negro then over to Bahia Los Angeles. We are going to be down there for 10 days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also which border crossing to use? Otay, Tecate? Any good restaurants on the way? We are going to spend the first night in San Quintin then on to Santa Rosalillita area. Then to Ojo de
Liebre. Any ideas? Thanks.

If you are going to Bay of LA, drive North to Punta La Gringa. Remote, great camping and excellent clams if you know where to look. If you are real adventurous, drive out to Mission Santa Maria from Catavina. Some really cool fresh water springs and pools there, a full oasis, but you will need a solid high clearance 4x4 to get there. If you have a full camper, you won't make it. It will probably be the worst dirt/rock road you will ever drive. In San Quintin, drive on the beach to Cabo San Quintin. At the very end, there is a extinct volcano. Excellent camping, beach combing and Pismo clams, hiking, some surfing, but because there is a seal rookery there, the water have other big things with teeth. Drive out to any of the Seven Sisters, very remote, excellent beaches, coves, more clams. Make friends with the fisherman. For cheap, they will supply you with as many clams or lobsters as you can eat. I tend to avoid the crowds.
Ooooops, I should have looked a bit closer to the post date. You are back by now. Oh well, I will leave this post up for others.

Back
Top Bottom