Heading to PEI without our backseat passenger

penner

We plan on heading out later this week to do PEI and on to the Cabot trail. We have never done a trip in our ATC without our JRT Nelly. Without going into details we had her put to sleep yesterday. She was a young 13 yrs old until problems developed recently. It's sure going to take getting use to not having her along on our trips . Man, we miss her.

There is a big hole in life when they leave. A trip will hopefully distract you from your loss. Be safe and smart out there!

Sorry for your loss, went through this a year ago. They are often the best traveling companions. My wife agrees.

Wango said:
Sorry for your loss, went through this a year ago. They are often the best traveling companions. My wife agrees.
Thanks Wango. They are good traveling companions. This morning was the first time in 32 yrs that we never had a dog in the house. Did you get another dog ?? We decided a while ago that Nelly would be our last. Never a dull moment!

Let us know how the Cabot Trail goes. As for Nelly being gone... I'm sure that spiritually, she will never completely leave you.

i'm actully looking forward to the Rainbow Bridge when my time comes. Will reunite with many best friends!

Sorry for your loss penner.
We have been rescuing for as long as I can remember. They have all been a favorite, and the loss each time seems to get more difficult. We lost our Charlie September 2019. We had to wait not an easy time.
We just rescued a little boxer who came with her name “Nella” all she wants is to love and be loved.
Enjoy your trip, and again sorry for your loss.

Russ

Just finished loading the camper and truck for an early morning departure. Want to beat that Toronto traffic, I'm not much for driving in that stuff. I'm not very good at it but I will post a report on our trip when we get back. We are meeting our Daughter and SIL on Sept 14 and doing the cabot trail with them and then working our way home. It's been very tough thinking about this trip without Nell along. I would like to thank you Guys for your kind words during this tough time . Anyway, safe travels to everyone and I will report when we get back.

Hi Penner

Travel safe!

So has Canada opened province to province travel entirely ?

David Graves

DavidGraves said:
Hi Penner

Travel safe!

So has Canada opened province to province travel entirely ?

David Graves
Don't know about the west , but we had to have vaccinated records and P.E.I. and N.S. travel passes. Apparently so you don't have to self isolate upon arrival ???? My better half looked after all that stuff . I have also made 8-10 trips into Quebec ,6hrs north of me , and I had to show a tax bill for property there before they would let me in to work on the property. That ended a few months back though.

Been back for a few weeks now . Awesome trip! Spent 29 nights in the camper but decided to get a motel room 1 night on the N/W end of PEI when the tail end of Ida was going through. The wind and rain were wicked. Anyway, I will get a bit of a trip report together when I have a bit more time. Sure was different traveling without our Nelly though.

I'm sorry for your loss. They are family. Our friend travels well and we love his companionship, Our buddy is a rescue and a great camper or whatever he is game. Hoopy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom