Hello and Rieco Titan Electric Conversion Kit Question

FleetFooted

Just got our new Four Wheel Fleet Pop-up and am new to the forum. Howdy :)

I tried digging around on this topic but couldn't find anything specific so I apologize in advance if this is a repeat. I have to load and unload the camper often so I'm looking for anything I can do to make this an easier job. (I did see the post here on the fast gun turnbuckles and I've just received a set.) But I'm curious if anyone has experience with the Rieco Titan Electric Conversion Kit (http://www.riecotitan.com/camperjacks/conversionkit.html). I just bought the kit and after looking at the instructions I've decided to pay to have them installed, but I'm just wondering if anyone has been there and done that and has any advice? Thanks in advance!

Welcome and congrats!! I'd love to have that kit….but pricey! I've been wanting to buy a second drill, so my wife and I can crank at the same time.

I have not done the conversion, I'm fine with my manual Rieco jacks. My father has the electric lift Rieco's. His are probably a decade old or better and work fine. The functioning key I think is lubrication and periodic use. A few of his retirement cronies have converted their Rieco's to the electric screw motor and have no problems that I know of, other than killing their battery if it's not charged when they start.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I had to not think about it too much to spend the money but the goal is to get it back by never staying in a motel again :)

It looks the motors mount perpendicular to the camper body if I just add it on to the factory mounted lifts making them stick out pretty far, but I've seen pictures where it looks like the jacks are turned 90 degrees and the motors end up parallel to the camper body. I'll talk with the local installers to see what they think--if this is even possible Or maybe I'm totally out in left field.

Back
Top Bottom