Help ! Camper jacks for Hawk

Sonny

Hi ,
I just bought a 2001 Hawk shell. The shell has no camper jacks. Any advice on what
jacks I should buy? I have found a set of three tripod jacks but don't know how safe these are to use. Also any tricks mounting the jacks to the Hawk shell?

Thanks,
Sonny

Hi, Sonny--

I have a pair of jacks consisting of tripod bases, vertical steel poles with pulleys on the top, and had-crank boat winches bolted to brackets with tubes that slide over the vertical poles. I used to think three might be better than two, but I have never had a problem, so I've quit thinking about it.

I don't take my camper off very often.

When you go to use these jacks, find a very level, very firm place and pick a day with no wind. In other words, not many places and not very often.

If I was going to take the camper off frequently, then I would get the kind with the mounts that permanently fasten to the corners of the camper.

Hi Tomas and Mark,

Thanks for the help. I have been looking into buying the jacks that mount to the camper. The tripod jacks sounded good and the price was not to bad.I found an RV dealer in Las Vegas that gave me a price of $ 400.00 plus tax for 4 jacks and brackets.

Sonny

I have the 4 corner hydraulic jacks that work pretty well but I was wondering if anyone uses electric hoists attached to an overhead span? Lift and drive away and reverse to reinstall.

Back
Top Bottom