Help with filling water resorvoir in 95 Hawk

jheineke

Hello all. Recently purchased Ron's 95 Hawk and have been unsuccessful at filling the plastic reservoir behind the cabinet. So without taking cabinet apart I am hoping that I am missing a piece.

Problem: After hooking hose and sticking 10 inch hose adapter into camper the water flows out of the bottom of the camper. Some water appears to go into the plastic jug because I pumped some out of the sink. Is there a plug of some sort that you need to have under the camper?

Thanks for any advice/help.

Jeremy

Attachments

• 1IMG_6465 (533x800).jpg
    1IMG_6465 (533x800).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 2IMG_6466 (533x800).jpg
    2IMG_6466 (533x800).jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 158
Hello all. Recently purchased Ron's 95 Hawk and have been unsuccessful at filling the plastic reservoir behind the cabinet. So without taking cabinet apart I am hoping that I am missing a piece.

Problem: After hooking hose and sticking 10 inch hose adapter into camper the water flows out of the bottom of the camper. Some water appears to go into the plastic jug because I pumped some out of the sink. Is there a plug of some sort that you need to have under the camper?

Thanks for any advice/help.

Jeremy

It looks like you are missing the plastic drain petcock that should be located in the pictured hole. They are available at any RV shop for a couple of bucks. :)

So I take it that this valve is purely meant for quick drainage/winterizing?

Yep, but it's also an "outdoor" water supply. We use it to fill water bottles for hiking, or for cooking water if we're cooking outside.

Hopefully the whole thing didn't just snap off and threads are alright. Can you see in there, or stick your finger in to feel around?

On my 2000 Hawk, the thread on the bottom of the tank is a female 1/2" NPT (National Pipe Thread). Most hardware stores carry 1/2" NPT hardware, but they may only have them in brass and I prefer to connect plastic to the plastic tank, rather than risk destoying the tank because it has the weakest hardware. A new PVC valve costs about $2.50 at an RV store/repair shop. I carry at least one extra in case I break it off and there is a chance I can save some of the water in the tank via a quick change of the valve, or in case I can refill the tank.

For about $10, I purchased the materials from a local RV shop to build an extension for the "drain" to the back of the camper as seen in the 7th post here: http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/325/page__fromsearch__1. For me, it's a more usable outdoor water supply than having the valve under the tank.

If your valve did shear off, there may still be a part of a male thread in the bottom of the tank. It shouldn't be too hard to unscrew but, you may have to get creative as to which tool to use to unscrew it.

If your valve did shear off, there may still be a part of a male thread in the bottom of the tank. It shouldn't be too hard to unscrew but, you may have to get creative as to which tool to use to unscrew it.

The perfect tool is one made for removing broken threaded pipe from underground water systems. That's what it was designed to do. It looks like a big easy out with a t-handle.

Back
Top Bottom