Hey FWC.....any plans for

No plans in the works for that option.

We have talked about it, but have some challanges in making it happen.

Maybe someday, but not anytime soon that I am aware of.

:(

Hi all,
Yes, as Stan says, we are studying how to build a longe cabover, and progress has been made. BUT, we're not there yet. Part of the challenge is designing a one piece weatherproof structure that will tolerate overland travel, not just KOA campgrounds. We've figured out the "skin" and now we're working on the support structure. Don't hold your breath, though... it's going to need some serious testing.
tom

I hope there are plans to keep at it. I know that this choice weighs heavy for me.

Kinda funny too really. I used to pack the pack, carry it around, stop, get the tent-bag-etc out. Do it again the next day...

And now I don't want to pull out the bed and put it back and pull it out and...

FYI to anyone interested.
We have a Hawk (2010) with the extended cabover. It came with queen bed, but we got tired of pulling out the bed and trying to stow the bed mattress extensions during travel. Our solutuion was to remove the FWC mattress and buy a 4" foam the size of a double bed (54"x 75"). We now use double bed linens/blankets and leave the bed made all the time. This means it extends out 6" (or is it 8", can't remember) into the living space, but we hardly ever notice it.

FYI to anyone interested.
We have a Hawk (2010) with the extended cabover. It came with queen bed, but we got tired of pulling out the bed and trying to stow the bed mattress extensions during travel. Our solutuion was to remove the FWC mattress and buy a 4" foam the size of a double bed (54"x 75"). We now use double bed linens/blankets and leave the bed made all the time. This means it extends out 6" (or is it 8", can't remember) into the living space, but we hardly ever notice it.

That's what Marisa and I do - except I think ours pulls out to 55". :p

Since we were used to sleeping in the 48" space between the wheel wells, 55" is flat out luxurious. Of course, a lot of things about the FWC are luxurious compared to the fiberglass shell and an air mattress.

My girlfriend and I sleep on the bed without the extension. I like the factory length of the extended cab as it stops just short of my sunroof. Perfect.

Back
Top Bottom