Hi and Thanks

LOG

Hi all,

After searching high and low throughout the nooks and crannies known as the world wide web, I finally found an Eagle camper. I got lots of help from this site as well as from the guys at both FWC and ATC. Thanks a bunch. I know how you all love pics so I posted one. Hopefully I attached it right. It still has the straps on it from when I did the run to go pick it up. Didn't have the hold downs in it yet. The wife and I need to do a few practice trips before the big one up to Alaska. Maybe an ablalone dive trip or something.

Well, just wanted to introduce myself, say hi, and to say thanks for all the help.

LOG

Attachments

• CIMG0596 - Copy.JPG
    CIMG0596 - Copy.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 421
Welcome to the wonderful world of FWC/ATC. Nice looking set up. Toyotas always look good with these campers. Oh, and thanks for the pic. You've been paying attention. Alaska is on my list to. Hope to see you on the road.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Log,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new to you Eagle.

Thanks for the picture and the black Toyota looks great with the white FWC. Looks like the truck is sitting level with it on it, must have preplanned for the extra weight.

Alaska is where we are heading but not for several years yet. Have fun in the Toyota / Eagle combo and remember to post up some of your trip reports with pictures.

Keep an eye out for an ATC on a black F-250. I will be leaving mid-May, providing the passes are open, for a two to three month trip.

I went there eight years ago. And, that was too long ago.

Enjoy the trip,
Buzz

Honestly, I didn't pre-plan on the extra weight. I had it lifted before I discovered the camper and got hooked. The Tacoma sat just a little lower than my old Nissan and I would bottom on roads that I never bottomed out on before. The extra leaf really helped out. The ride with the camper on is much better than I thought it would be. We'll see how she does with a full load.

I'll definitely post pics of the AK trip. Won't be till Aug though. Waiting on the silvers to run. Can't wait.

See ya on the road.

So you have a lift (2 inch lift kit, front and rear?) and an extra leaf in the rear? I am curious cause if we ever get rid of the our S-10 it will be replaced with a Tacoma.

It looks great!

Thanks
Jim

Jim,
Its a 3 inch suspension lift and an extra leaf in the rear. It stiffens up the ride on the TRD package so you'll get a rougher ride.....like a truck. Not sure how the newer Toyotas would ride.

Anyway, My rookie question. I am not sure what the "pump" switch does on the camper. I don't have an electric pump for the sink. I looked around in the archives but came up empty. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Also, if I plug in the "shore" power does it charge the battery?

Thanks on the Thumbs up Sun Man.

Log,

Welcome aboard, your Tacoma & Eagle look just like ours (except for the truck color) great combo, you're going to love it.

Anyway, My rookie question. I am not sure what the "pump" switch does on the camper. I don't have an electric pump for the sink. I looked around in the archives but came up empty. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Also, if I plug in the "shore" power does it charge the battery?

First what year is the Eagle, better yet look under the sink. If you see a power inverter on the back wall then yes when you plug into shore power it will trickle charge the battery.

The pump switch on the pannel will just light red for you. If you add a pump or any dc power to that circuit, then the rocker switch will turn power on or off at that point.

Back
Top Bottom