Hi Lift Jack FWC

It wasn't my idea though I did at one time explore making the plates for a specific jack. There was no way to get the volume up to where it was a viable enterprise w/o investing in a bunch of tooling. Kartek and possibly MacKenzies &/or ORW probably sell one in aluminum. That one above is made from Core-10 abrasion resistant steel.

That jack skid is an excellent idea....does it have a rope attachment to pull it with you as you drive out of whatever you are stuck in ?

It takes the extra safety step for jacking in sand or soft conditions....AND asphalt when changing a tire.

Well done.

David Graves

I have the safe jack and accessories but it would have not done me a bit of good when I was stuck in the snow.

Interesting topic. To the op, for me it's not about lifting it's the towing capabilities of the Hi lift. Bottle jacks and floor Jack's are fine for changing a tire or whatever.
But, when you're stuck up to the axles they're worthless. Bring on the Hi lift to pull you forward or back... Poor man's winch. Hi lift videos are priceless.

I have one that I mounted underneath my Aluminess galley box. I don't always carry it because it's bulky and heavy-i only take it on trips that will have potentially rough offroading. I bought it specifically for a Death Valley trip. I've practiced using it but haven't needed it yet on any trips.

dharte said:
I have one that I mounted underneath my Aluminess galley box. I don't always carry it because it's bulky and heavy-i only take it on trips that will have potentially rough offroading. I bought it specifically for a Death Valley trip. I've practiced using it but haven't needed it yet on any trips.
We have ours mounted on our Hawk and have used it in DV when the airbag ruptured and I needed to remove it.
It worked like a charm. Our mount was designed and built by fellow FWC member, Camelracer.

DavidGraves said:
That jack skid is an excellent idea....does it have a rope attachment to pull it with you as you drive out of whatever you are stuck in ?

It takes the extra safety step for jacking in sand or soft conditions....AND asphalt when changing a tire.

Well done.

David Graves
The handle is long enough to pull it out of everywhere I've used it. The jack pad itself could use more of a cradle shape to it, ala the Safety Jack bit.

Thanks guys I'm still thinking about it I read where a lot of people have just gone to buy large bottle jacks with a few pieces of Lumber. Although that limits their ability to use it as a winch or come along. If anyone has one mounted on the back of their camper I'd like to see a picture if you can that be great thanks

CougarCouple said:
Hi stormfishing
Found a link that I was thinking of when I read your post. I thought was a good read. I would not say to be afraid of thes tools as they are Versatel and useful. A skillsaw is a very useful tool, but must be treated with respect . Good luck with what ever you decide.
Russ
CougarCouple said:
Hi stormfishing
Found a link that I was thinking of when I read your post. I thought was a good read. I would not say to be afraid of thes tools as they are Versatel and useful. A skillsaw is a very useful tool, but must be treated with respect . Good luck with what ever you decide.
Russ
Russ ironically enough I cut my thumb with a skill saw 30 years ago LOL. I'm not really worried about the danger, I'm more concerned about the bulkiness of the unit taking up room in the camper. I already carry so much extra gear, but I know it's a great tool to get unstuck when you're by yourself

Stormfishing said:
Thanks guys I'm still thinking about it I read where a lot of people have just gone to buy large bottle jacks with a few pieces of Lumber. Although that limits their ability to use it as a winch or come along. If anyone has one mounted on the back of their camper I'd like to see a picture if you can that be great thanks

I went on the front

uJjLVdL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom