Hi lift jack receiver mount

:unsure:
Craig, have you been over at Hoppy again? :D

Ted, you can find out for yourself -

Hoppy Brew Pub Live Cam

"What happens at Hoppy..................................."

and to keep our moderators happy, that's a nice simple jack mount.

I have a Hi-Lift jack and I wouldn't go off road without it. I even carry it on most “on road” trips if it isn't in the way because I'm not sure the OEM jack is tall enough to get the tires off the ground since I upgraded to 35" tires.

I installed my jack inside the bed on my cargo slide so it would be less likely to be damaged off road or stolen.

My main concern would be any reduction is the departure angle and if it could be damaged if you accidently drug the tail going through a steep driveway or ditch.

That might work on your truck Craig but I don't think it would last long down there on your Jeep. My concern would be having to wear knee and shin pads.

I also toiled with where to mount the jack. I wanted it on the back where it was easy to get to but I didn't want to hang it off the rear wall. I ended up building a couple of brackets that attach to the floor pack. I figured this was much sturdier than the rear wall. The jack is held on with wing nuts with extended wings so no tools are required to remove it. A padlock keeps it secure.

Attachments

• 100_2947.jpg
    100_2947.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 611
  • 100_2952.jpg
    100_2952.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 1,400
Not enough room for this photo so continuing.

I made up a second set of clamps with Quickfists that also holds my shovel.

Attachments

• 100_2953.jpg
    100_2953.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 292
If you put it on the back get a good cover otherwise dust and crud renders is unusable after awhile on rough roads.

I also toiled with where to mount the jack. I wanted it on the back where it was easy to get to but I didn't want to hang it off the rear wall. I ended up building a couple of brackets that attach to the floor pack. I figured this was much sturdier than the rear wall. The jack is held on with wing nuts with extended wings so no tools are required to remove it. A padlock keeps it secure.

Nice...

Not enough room for this photo so continuing.

Not bad. I might consider going that way.
No wasn't at hoppy, just didn't edit my post. Btw, I know exactly what shows up on the web cam, you won't see me there :cool:

My hi lift on the Jeep is mounted vertically.

Always need to carry lube for hi lift.

Back
Top Bottom