Hi lift jacks

RC Pilot Jim said:
gallery_2684_745_225387.jpg
That neoprene boot works pretty well at keeping out the dust. I'm not sure whether the culprit is sunlight or father time, but the neoprene will get harder and harder over the years and become more and more difficult to stretch it onto the jack enough to close the zipper.

The Hi Lift accessory to definitely avoid is the vinyl cover or "protector." A great idea but a terrible product. It's almost humorous the number of reviews you can find on line for this product, 99% of them negative because of the cheesy fabric used. Mine ripped the length of the sleeve the first time I pulled it over the jack!

I just wrapped mine with an inner tube. It only rides on the front from the start of hunting to the end of winter. When my cover rots off I will get another for a buck or so.

I had one of those cheesy covers. Numerous holes from where it rubbed. Pita when you actually needed the jack. I don't recall what finally happened to it but I no longer have it.

Have used hi lift jack for years. Bottle jacks don't work most of the time for off road situations. Mostly used with single purpose off road rigs. Used to change tires, lift and stuff rocks, and once for pulling damaged and bent body parts out of the way of tires. I have not used it with the ranger/eagle but carry when off roaring. carry inside of camper. Of course the best tool for off roading is another vehicle, wish i didn't off road alone but.

Back
Top Bottom