Hi There

Mike L

Hi there my first experience with Alaskan Camper was in 1963 My Dad bought a '63 Ford 250 he bought a Hal Don Body
and a 8' noh camper. I was 13 Yrs old we put that unit to great use starting in april through Oct we would camp for ten days every ten days it was awesome!!! Lots of great memories that unit was worth a million. Dad was creative he bought one of the first Honda Generators it fit in the L/R bin and he wired it into the electrical system.
In those days trucks did not come with double batteries so he put one in and put a 10 amp breaker on the Lside firewall so he could switch over from one battery to the other.
He built a table with an adrustable leg that would slide onto the R/Horizontal open Door. He got a awning
for that side of the truck.
I am now 63 and as soon as I can afford my dream is to get my own Alaskan Rig. Do they still make Hal Don
Bodies? time to go to work will type later thankc

Hi there my first experience with Alaskan Camper was in 1963 My Dad bought a '63 Ford 250 he bought a Hal Don Body
and a 8' noh camper. I was 13 Yrs old we put that unit to great use starting in april through Oct we would camp for ten days every ten days it was awesome!!! Lots of great memories that unit was worth a million. Dad was creative he bought one of the first Honda Generators it fit in the L/R bin and he wired it into the electrical system.
In those days trucks did not come with double batteries so he put one in and put a 10 amp breaker on the Lside firewall so he could switch over from one battery to the other.
He built a table with an adrustable leg that would slide onto the R/Horizontal open Door. He got a awning
for that side of the truck.
I am now 63 and as soon as I can afford my dream is to get my own Alaskan Rig. Do they still make Hal Don
Bodies? time to go to work will type later thankc

My dad also bought a new Alaskan when he retired in 1972 and I loved that camper. I almost bought an Alaskan but they were just too heavy so I ended up getting a four wheel camper instead and barely even notice that it's on my truck. I'm retiring at the end of the year and can't wait o start the adventure

Back
Top Bottom