Hidden Cabin in the Woods

ski3pin said:
I expect it is all set up again in a new out of the way spot. The person knows what they're doing. :)

Yup, I'm sure this is the case. All the guy needs is a camera crew and he/she can start another reality show.

Yep, interesting place! Lot's of thinking went into that place; a real man cave-maybe girl cave too :D ! Over the years I've found lot's of illegal hunting and meth lab type places, but nothing as well put together and neat as that!

Smoke

This story reminded me of an incident around 12 years ago. The Lady and I are long time volunteers, our skills are well known, as a result we have been involved in many interesting capers. A USFS employee contacted us to help investigate a three level tree house discovered in a large Jeffery pine quite a distance from a road or trail. We were to climb into the tree house and my job was to photograph evidence that could lead to the persons who had illegally erected this structure.

Tree-House-005-copy.jpg

The trap door had a padlock that we removed and saved as evidence.

Tree-House-009-copy.jpg

I belayed as the lead climber went up.

Tree-House-013-copy.jpg

The Lady, on belay, followed up by climbing the very scary rungs nailed into the tree.

Tree-House-015-copy.jpg

The climb up to the second and third levels was up the tree top branches.

Tree-House-031-copy.jpg

We did our job, photographed evidence, locked the trap door with a new agency lock, and each of us rappelled down.

Tree-House-069-copy.jpg

It made for an interesting day in the woods. :)

Back
Top Bottom