High Lift Jack on new Chevy

buckland

Site Team
I had a Tacoma for a long time and now have a Chevy Colorado.
I have the 2016 Duramax with 145 75 17 E rated tires Question is to GM off roaders who rely on their High Lift jack. I have the Lift Mate hooks to grab the wheel rim. Before I start banging around .... has anyone every lifted your GM truck using the lift and do you have pointers as to location on rim to secure the hooks. My rims are the stock aluminum 17". I also carry 2 sand mats for the mud holes and sand traps. There are occasions where the high lift comes in handy to lift out of a hole. I also carry a 3 ton platform jack for flat fixing, wheel removal.

Hi Buckland
I'm your cousin you dant talk about(Ford Superduty:). I was at SEMA talking with the Hi-Lift reps. About lifting the wheel with the jack and the adapter. What he said is to chock the rear or front depending which axle you are lifting, try to split the location of the rubber pad on the lifting part of the jack between the rim and wheel, placing the hooks on the straps in the spoke slots where possible. Start lifting till the wheel rotates and centers the lifting straps. If you are in 4 wheel drive this is when truck can move while lifting straps turn the wheel trying to even out. He stated that this wheel lifting part works on most wheels with openings to place the hooks, wide deep dish wheels can be a problem but stock or near stock should be fine.
There staff are very willing to help, I would suggest calling them if you want to get some specific's. Hope this helps.
Russ

Hey cuz ...long time. That is a clear to me! I hadn't' thought of the reaction of the engaged 4WD moving the wheels all around..... makes sense and it would scare there bejebas outa me having the truck move while lifting... I will indeed call them...funny in this techno day and age one forgets to just get on the horn and talk. Thanks again.

Morning
Just reread my post, and I left out a part. After you lift enough to get the wheel lifting straps make sure everything is lined up. You might have to lower the jack and get it vertical then start lifting again.
Later cuz

Try RV LIFE Pro Free for 7 Days

• New Ad-Free experience on this RV LIFE Community.
  • Plan the best RV Safe travel with RV LIFE Trip Wizard.
  • Navigate with our RV Safe GPS mobile app.
  • and much more...
Try RV Life Pro Today
Back
Top Bottom