History Buffs Take Note

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
Today is the 200th anniversary of the Battle of New Orleans. Musicians ought to be playing that old fiddle tune, The Eighth of January (and the tune Jimmy Driftwood put the words to), all day long. Celebrate a bit of history today. :)

Thanks for the history note, Ski. My wife and I lived in New Orleans for a year way back in the day. Apologies to those who end up having this replay endlessly in their brains after hearing it again:

:)

The good thing about the Johnny Horton version is I remember it, and most of the lyrics. The bad thing is... It was 1959. Damn, I'm getting old.

Thanks for the memories!

takesiteasy said:
........................................... Apologies to those who end up having this replay endlessly in their brains after hearing it again:
Maybe this will help..............................

Wandering Sagebrush said:
The good thing about the Johnny Horton version is I remember it, and most of the lyrics. The bad thing is... It was 1959. Damn, I'm getting old.

Thanks for the memories!
2X-We sure are Steve and Ski-1959-that was a long time ago! I don't remember if we even had a tv yet-must have-maybe just got one :p !

Smoke

Smoke

Wandering Sagebrush said:

Thanks for the memories!
I share your "oldness". I remember it well.
"...in 1814 we took a little trip..."
Stop the music!
Frank

Back
Top Bottom