Hola From Costa Rica

K6ON

Old & Soft
Hola from Costa Rica. Been touring CR for several weeks by van (had to leave the FWC at home). This morning while heading from Arenol Volcano, around Lake Arenol we decided to stop at the famous “German Bakery” for a bite and some coffee. Four expedition vehicles were parked out front. One was a massive Ford F-550 along with two Jeeps and a pickup. I wasn’t able to locate the owners so don’t know their destination. Nice rigs.

Not too many full size American Pickups around CR, but Dodge CTD’s outnumber all the rest by a huge margin. Chevy ‘s came in second, and the only Ford I’ve seen was the above expedition vehicle. As far as small pickups, Mitsubishi diesels seem to be the default truck. They’re everywhere with Nissans & Toyo’s following far behind. Other than the expedition vehicles, have not seen a single camper….

Have about another 8 days to go here, then back home to the CTD and FWC. See everyone soon at the
Pig-In…

Attachments

• DSC_6910a.jpg
    DSC_6910a.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_6913a.jpg
    DSC_6913a.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC_6914a.jpg
    DSC_6914a.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_6915a.jpg
    DSC_6915a.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC_6921a.jpg
    DSC_6921a.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 240
Hey cool!

You saw the members of the Ends of the Earth Expedition. It is being led by Scott Brady, owner of the Expedition Portal website and Overland Journal magazine. He and his wife are in the Earthroamer Jeep and they are travelling with several friends. The Tacoma was his before he bought the the Jeep.

Here's their blog they've been updating from the road -

They are doing the Central America portion of the trip at this time. I think they're on the road for about 3 months. Right now they are halfway through I believe.

I hope you are having a fun & safe trip. Thanks for sharing the photos!

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom