Hola Mis Amigos Desde Mexico

chnlisle

Post Master
Hi everyone, Just a note to let you all know we are here in Merida and having a great time. We drove from Cancun to Chichen Iza and stayed a a great budget hotel (Dolores Alaba) and then on to Merida to stay with our good friends. The weather is hot and humid and the food is fantastic. I will try to check in from time to time but this keyboard is in spanish so quien sabe.

Jay,

I'm not sure which is more fun, draining beverages or putting sun screen on your mate, either way they are both great fun. Enjoy.

Nececitamos muchos fotos, Buey!
Morenas lindas, sitios de los antiguos, posible dos o tres ejemplos de las bebidas nacionales...todos, Ese!

iSacalo!

Sun screen applied and plenty of drinks downed. We spent a quiet day en la casa around the pool today. I did go look at a few homes. Its unbelievable what 200K can buy here. Uxmal and the ruins tomorrow and a regatta Sunday. These crazy guys want to take an old man racing...Go figure.

....you retired guys are KILLING me!!

OOPS, I thought this was a forum devoted to folks that could enjoy themselves, instead of working. :D
Sorry about that.;)

You will get there some day. :thumb:

OOPS, I thought this was a forum devoted to folks that could enjoy themselves, instead of working. :D
Sorry about that.;)

You will get there some day. :thumb:

Roger that! You guys have certainly earned it!

Rumble In The Jungle

This place in magical. We`re waiting to see what happens with Tropical Storm Dolly but it looks like we`ll be able to fly out of Cancun Wednesday. More to come. Adios Yàll.

We're back in the Old Pueblo. Man what a great time. And the food? Holy Guacamole. Can you say dieta en ingles? Here are a few pix of Cenote Ik Kil near Chichen Itza. This place was gorgeous and the clearest most unpolluted water you've ever seen...and they let you swim in it. Its a long way down but well worth it.

Attachments

• Copy of Merida 009.jpg
    Copy of Merida 009.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 243
  • Copy of Merida 011.jpg
    Copy of Merida 011.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Copy of Merida 021.jpg
    Copy of Merida 021.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 227
We went to Merida Centro on Thursday at noon. Not the best time to be taking a stroll. It was about 37C and 100% humidity. If the temp dropped 2 degrees it would have poured. This the most colonial of all Mexican cities and the architecture is very european and suffice to say beautiful. Here are a couple of shots of a municipal building and around the main square.

Attachments

• Copy of Merida 038.jpg
    Copy of Merida 038.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Copy of Merida 041.jpg
    Copy of Merida 041.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Copy of Merida 044.jpg
    Copy of Merida 044.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 234
We drove out towards Uxmal to a working hemp hacienda. They also happened to have a great restaurant. UMMMMMMMMMMM chilequiles. Incidentally the seasoning of choice in these parts is habaneros in everything. Makes for a nice ride the next A.M. The hacienda like everything else down there was fantastic.

Attachments

• Copy of Merida 058.jpg
    Copy of Merida 058.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 228
  • Copy of Merida 063.jpg
    Copy of Merida 063.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 226
  • Copy of Merida 064.jpg
    Copy of Merida 064.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 232
After a two and a half hour breakfast we headed out to a Mayan artist. Pam bought several gourd masks. And then to some ruins near Uxmal. It was too hot to go to Uxmal but these ruins were more accessible and we were able to spot a very rare Yucatanean blue bird.

Attachments

• Copy of Merida 079.jpg
    Copy of Merida 079.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 224
  • Copy of Merida 087.jpg
    Copy of Merida 087.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Merida 089.jpg
    Merida 089.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 224
The next day we drove out to our friends beach house at Chocxotil. We stopped in Progresso for lunch at the beach. This pier is 7km long. Because the water is so shallow the ships have to dock out 3.5 miles from shore.

Attachments

• Copy of Merida 121.jpg
    Copy of Merida 121.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 244
Way too many pix to post but here are a few for Doble Traccione. A few Morenas and mi hueta Pam at the ancient Mayan town of Valladolid. This was at the restaurant at the Hotel Maison Marques. Are sensing a theme here? We ate are way across the Yucatan.

Attachments

• Copy of Merida 132.jpg
    Copy of Merida 132.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 227
  • Copy of Merida 134.jpg
    Copy of Merida 134.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 229
What Am I Chopped Liver?

Hey I know there was no FWC/ATC in the pix but I expected someone to comment. Like what are you doing posting pix like this on this site or Are you nuts or C'mon man thats not camping.......Nothing!

:confused: Maybe you are having a senior moment.
If there is no fwc/atc in the picture the trip did not happen!
You probably just down loaded the pictures from the innernet while you were dreaming about the old days!
by the way our new kayak is a tandem inflatable,as we already had the hard mirage we wanted something lighter to carry in the mountains when we did not want to tow a trailer.(ended up with a advanced elements tandem) works great and will be taking it with us when we leave on our trip up north through Oregon,
Idaho for 6-8 weeks,(leaving maybe next week!)Can not wait to out of touch for weeks!
But we will have real trip pictures when we return!
P.S do you have your rail bike built yet?
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les,Lqhikers

I was biting my tongue but now i'll go ahead and thank you for posting those last two pics! ;)

Oh, and the ruins were pretty sweet too!

Back
Top Bottom