Hold-down eye bolts on 2012 Fleet and Toyota trucks

williak

Advanced Member
Heads up for Fleet owners out there who have newer campers built for older Toyota trucks.

I have a 2012 Fleet mounted on a 1996 Toyota T100. I bought the Fleet because it would fit a 2nd gen Tacoma, which I had planned as a replacement for the t100. I knew about the need for special eye bolt brackets for the composite beds on the 2nd gen Tacoma, but what I didn't know was the rear eye bolt brackets on the camper would need to be moved forward to match the position of the eye bolts on the composite bed. The brackets on the truck attach through the bed to the frame using existing bolts, so they can't be repositioned.

Repositioning the eye bolts and backing plate on the camper is going to be complicated. I have a fully loaded fleet, with furnace, 2 way fridge, fan, along with the standard electrical devices. It turns out that the location that 4WC recommends moving the camper eye bolts is right behind the circuit breaker and fuse boxes. Without getting into more detail here, there is a lot of wiring going on. At this point, I don't think I will have to completely remove the cabinets to do the work.

Couple of things:

- I can document the work if any one is in a similar situation and wants me to. I'm also hoping that someone else has run across this situation and can offer some advice.

- If you have a T100 or a 1st gen Tundra and are considering buying a used one, check into the camper eye bolt placement. If ordering a new fleet, ask 4WC if they can install a 2nd set of eye bolts for a 2nd gen Tacoma.

How did this turn out? I have a 2009 eagle (made for a 1st generation tacoma) on a 2018 tacoma. Currently all the turnbuckles are pulling the camper forward.

Back
Top Bottom