Holiday Weight Gain by Hawk?

Canyon

Advanced Member
Obsessing over the FWC website this morning, I noticed that the dry weight of the standard Hawk is now listed as 1075 lbs. A couple of weeks ago it was 895. I know that the gas struts are now standard, but they don't account for 185 lbs! What happened?

Thanks!

Haven't looked but is that about one battery, one solar panel with controller, plus jacks? Or did someone familar with math average the weight of actual Hawks with standard configuration?

Curious for answer.

Paul

ps., What Steve said. Sounds about right.

Thanks for the ideas!

Electrical and refrigerator were standard when I first started looking at FWC a few months ago. Perhaps the specs have taken a while to catch up. Since I have not bought yet, I don't mind -- in fact I would be glad to know the weight was accurate. Just surprised to see it jump so.

My experience was that the weights on the web site previously didn't make a whole lot of sense and are a little closer to reality now. The fleet flatbed used to be listed as a base weight of 995lb, but I just noticed it has now jumped up to 1295lb. There is no way the 1000lb weight was anywhere near reality for the base equipped Fleet. Our as delivered weight was around 1500lb so without the couple of options we ordered I guess the un-optioned base model could be close to 1295lb.

I am glad that the listed weights are more realistic now. While the extra 300lb doesn't seem to be causing us any issues, I was a little shocked when it arrived 300lb over weight!

Thanks rando, appreciate the information. Sounds like a good explanation. I would rather know now than be surprised later!

:)

Back
Top Bottom