Homemade Minestrone

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Almost time for dinner
gallery_4841_711_275101.jpeg

A little soup, a good bread, and some hard Perry Mason (Parmesan) cheese grated over both.

Plus a tasty glass of Willamette Valley Rosé.

It’s the soup time of year :)

It is the soup time of year. We have had a sort of minestrone, a squash soup with goat cheese and last night, in a first for me, a broccoli-onion soup. My wife is a bread baker so we have had fresh rye bread and sourdough this week. And yes, a splash of red goes nicely.

Tony, try chopping a couple of small sausage links and adding to the soup. It gives the soup a slight kick, and a bit more protein. I like the Tarantino’s breakfast links that are sold at Costco.

Great idea Steve. We often throw in some roasted chicken. And frequently some fried bacon. You idea has me wondering how chorizo would do in the soup. The hard sausage type from Spain. Plenty of dark long nights coming up so passing the time with soup inventions seems like fun!

Occidental said:
Mmm, soup, looks good. Our food resolution for the year is to eat more soup. We hit unique soup number 30 last night with a smoked french onion accompanied by a fresh sourdough.
One of our favorite meals!

Back
Top Bottom