Hope Valley, CA, July 25, 26, 2015

FYI...
incredible area !
my dog and i visit regularly....but keep a watchful eye....the dog cops can be rough in this area for off leash dogs ...no matter how well behaved they are....that being said...i have not seen one this year...
unfortunately, the wildflowers are past their prime this year...

That is such a nice area.Did you catch any fish?
We stopped at Hope Valley CG on our way home from our Yellowstone trip back in early June.
Thanks for the report.
Frank

What camper do you have?

Folks may think I'm a jerk, but paying the parking and camping fees pays for maintainance on all those wonderful trails, so it never really bothers me! I'm planning a trip to Woods Lake Campground, thanks for the great report.

BG

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
That is such a nice area.Did you catch any fish?
We stopped at Hope Valley CG on our way home from our Yellowstone trip back in early June.
Thanks for the report.
Frank

What camper do you have?
Like you, I have an ATC Bobcat and I love it.

ACEBLACKDOG said:
BTW....

parking at woods lake is "FREE' w/ your golden age pass
I have a few more years to go before I can get one of those, but I'll sport one just as soon as I can.

The remains you passed were what's left of the Lost Cabin Mine. The upper cabin was still standing when we began skiing in the Carson Pass area. Although I've never fished it, Round Top Lake is said to have golden trout. Great weekend getaway for you! Thanks for sharing. :)

By the drum in place of it's left-rear wheel I'll guess that long after it's usefulness as a truck had expired it was used as a capstan winch.

Well GroovyDad, you inspired us. Saturday was spent cleaning the truck and camper along with some maintenance. Today we had some house and yard chores that we finished by noon so we drove over to Woods Lake and did the circle up past Round Top Lake, down to Windy Mucca Lake, and back to the parking. It was a beautiful afternoon in one of the most spectacular areas around these parts. Thanks!

ski3pin said:
Well GroovyDad, you inspired us. Saturday was spent cleaning the truck and camper along with some maintenance. Today we had some house and yard chores that we finished by noon so we drove over to Woods Lake and did the circle up past Round Top Lake, down to Windy Mucca Lake, and back to the parking. It was a beautiful afternoon in one of the most spectacular areas around these parts. Thanks!
I hope you post a trip report with a lot of pics. I'll be able to see the area through some different eyes.

Back
Top Bottom