Hoping to use prewiring for solar panel, but can't find the wire.

TimP56

I am installing solar panels on the roof of my 2006 Eagle. There is a plug in the roof, but I can't find the wire inside the camper. Suggestions?

Mine were near the top part of my battery compartment. They were two wires with a splice on each end. Make sure that you test the polarity before you hook it up to your solar controller.

TimP56 said:
I am installing solar panels on the roof of my 2006 Eagle.
I read earlier you were trying to install flexible solar panels over the top of the screws in your roof. Did you figure out how to do that?

I was thinking it couldn't be done but it appears you are proceeding with the install so I would be great to know how you overcame the problem.

Because they are bendable and the screws aren't near the edges of the panel, the panels actually contact the camper nicely. I checked with the technicians at Renogy and they say the screw heads will not damage the panels.

Pretty sure it'll be different because there are so many ways to set up the camper, but mine were hidden pretty well, coiled up on top of the furnace box, not far from the battery area. They had little squeeze electrical connectors already attached, with red tape marking them. It took some searching to find...good luck!

Check with Brenda, Service Manager of Four Wheel - brenda@fourwh.com - .She can confirm whether your camper is wired and the location of the wire (which if you have one is behind the inside lifting board to lift the front of the camper)

In the reverse question, my Fleet is pre-wired for solar, and I find the wire terminals near the battery, but I don't find a plug in the roof (or anywhere). Am I looking in the wrong place? Do I have to install a plug? Would someone direct me to a picture of said plug?

thanks

scott

Wow. There seems to be a lot of different locations for your solar wires to be connected to. I have a 2006 FWC Kestrel and although I "THINK" there is a connection behind the fridge for wiring, I havent been able to located anything on the roof that would resemble terminated wires. May have to rethink my strategy... Kinda leary cutting holes into my roof.

jlrray said:
Wow. There seems to be a lot of different locations for your solar wires to be connected to. I have a 2006 FWC Kestrel and although I "THINK" there is a connection behind the fridge for wiring, I havent been able to located anything on the roof that would resemble terminated wires. May have to rethink my strategy... Kinda leary cutting holes into my roof.
Call FWC with your camper S/N. They can give you the measurements to the location of the solar wires in the roof. It was scary drilling mine but the wires were right there. The interior solar wires on mine were terminated in front of the cabinet near the water pump and battery separator.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom