Hot water at sink but no hot water at shower

steve whiteside

Brand new Grandby. Never used the hot shower before. Any ideas? plenty of hot water at sink but rotating the shower base and all I get is cold water (outside shower). Of course I wait till I want to use the shower to check this feature...Happy new year!

Steve

I've got hot water coming into the back of the mixing valve. Not coming out the front though. Must be a bad valve or an adjustment I dont know about.

Steve

My new Grandby (2018) had to have the outside shower valve replaced. Exact same problem as yours.

I took the old one apart, the check valve inside had come apart. Its pressed together, no repairs can be done.

Called my selling dealer, snapped a picture and 4WC sent me a new one.

About a 15 minute job to replace. Mark your water lines, I hooked mine up in reverse order the first time.

Hey great! thanks for for the info. I had posted this question then jumped off the grid as I went away for the Weekend. Now Im back and need to address this. I will call FWC next.

Steve

So, I just got off the phone with Rob at FWC in Rancho Cucamonga. He is going to order the parts and get me in for a warrantee repair next week. He is super helpful and squeezed me in on a return trip from mammoth Mtn for me. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Steve

steve whiteside said:
So, I just got off the phone with Rob at FWC in Rancho Cucamonga. He is going to order the parts and get me in for a warrantee repair next week. He is super helpful and squeezed me in on a return trip from mammoth Mtn for me. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Steve

Steve,

Could you please list the parts that need replacing?

Thanks..Phil

Lots of snow at Mammoth? Lucky dog!

No Facebook access

When I right click on the video I do not get an address for the video.
Maybe Stan Kennedy can post the link.
Sorry.

Wallowa said:
Steve,

Could you please list the parts that need replacing?

Thanks..Phil

Lots of snow at Mammoth? Lucky dog!
The factory is going to fix my system next week. Let me see what documentation I can get from them. Mammoth is actually hurting for snow at this point. Still, I just retired, I just bought this camper, a light snow pack is not going to hold me back!

Steve

steve whiteside said:
The factory is going to fix my system next week. Let me see what documentation I can get from them. Mammoth is actually hurting for snow at this point. Still, I just retired, I just bought this camper, a light snow pack is not going to hold me back!

Steve

Thanks...snow pack here in NE corner of Oregon [Eagle Cap] is low also...La Nina is bringing warmer than normal but higher than normal moisture...just North of us getting snow...and I also will ski rocks if need be! :cool: Hopefully my FWC "ski-about" in Feb will find tons of snow...

Phil

Back
Top Bottom