How Big a Furnace Do I Need?

Is it safe to sleep with the Wave Heaters running all night?

Officially "No"...

...but I do it in cold (below-freezing) weather -- a Wave 6 on Low with adequate ventilation and a working CO detector. I know my CO detector works 'cause I managed to set it off once, and it woke me from sleep. I feel safe.

I think a lot of people will tell you "Better safe than sorry".
I've figured the risks based on how I run the heater, and for me the risk is acceptably small. YMMV.
smile.gif

Is it safe to sleep with the Wave Heaters running all night?

I have slept in my studio with it on all night, and I plan to run it in my camper all night.

Just have two small vents open.

It does have a heat sensing switch, so if the "flame" goes out it turns off the propane.

IMHO I would not sleep with any heater running without some small vent open, even the vented ones scare me. (Almost more than a 'cat heater does.)

I'm not sure if I"m out to lunch with my thoughts, but I've been thinking about getting a wave 3 to use in conjunction with the standard furnace. I do like the fact that the standard blast furnace heats the camper up quickly. If i'm sleeping in the cold, it would be nice to have constant, quiet, no power draw of the wave 3 rather than a furnace cycling on and off all night.

I'm not sure if I"m out to lunch with my thoughts, but I've been thinking about getting a wave 3 to use in conjunction with the standard furnace. I do like the fact that the standard blast furnace heats the camper up quickly. If i'm sleeping in the cold, it would be nice to have constant, quiet, no power draw of the wave 3 rather than a furnace cycling on and off all night.

Not out to lunch at all, IMHO. That's exactly why I got my Wave, and why I still have the forced-air furnace, too.
smile.gif

That's what I would do if I had a rig with a bigger GVWR.

Just saw this Wave 3 on sale $199.95

http://www.adventurerv.net/olympian-wave-catalytic-safety-heater-p-1679.html?utm_source=AdventureRV&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=October_09_2011Sale

Not out to lunch at all, IMHO. That's exactly why I got my Wave, and why I still have the forced-air furnace, too.
smile.gif

X2

Back
Top Bottom