How do you keep your Basement dry ?

Dragon240

Lots of space between camper [Hawk} and sides of truck [2006 Tundra] How do you keep rain or wash water out.. Know there should be a simple answer but it is beyond me at the moment, Thanks

I am thinking water will pour over edge of truck bed and on to things stored via 'access' ports. Do you not store any thing in that space or any where in the basement?? I can reach free air reaching up from access door.

As you figured out that area is not weather proof from the factory. Making this weather tight would be a chore. I store things inside the "access port" that are not hurt by water, dust, or whatever like sealed/capped water jugs, axe in a sheath, chains, canned foods (be careful to make it so that they don't roll around, cut down milk crate works for me), etc.
Bill

Bill, Thank You for understanding the question and giving a real life answer. So far only a few things down there. Butane for single burner stove. Few tools in small duffle [can wrap in dry bag. Gotta couple of pool noodles stuffed in on sides and cab end opening to help during 'bath' time.. Was just curious as one of the Bloggers has FWC 'Hawk" shell has U Tube about the extra storage for Shoes & other small gear. Glad the common sense thing took over.

Think we are really going to enjoy it once I get thru messin' with it & we can go out and play.

TakeCare ~ StaySafe ~ HaveFun ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kate.

Kate, small dry bags for things that absolutely can not get wet or dusty. Rubbermaid type sealed containers work as well, plus usually stack.

Re: canned food. If there’s a chance of losing the label, write contents on the lid w/indelible marker.

'Sage' There is so little space under my Hawk 'tis a moot question anyway. Only Rubbermaid Containers small enough to fit have my dinner leftovers in them. Yep I have had some of them 'mystery' dinners on occasion :oops: :eek:

Dragon,years ago I used some 3" pipe insulation/pool noodles to fill the gap.
Granted the foam isn't "water" proof but it does keep out dust and the rain.
I have a Bobcat on a 02 Tundra so my overhang is less then yours.
I keep lots of items there that I don't worry about .Also don't get into that much rain.
Seems to work well.
Frank

'Casa' ~~ This AM used some 1/2" pipe insulation [ 2"dia.] slicing them lenghtwise & sliding 2 together makes a nice full seal..
We don't get a lot of rain BUT dealing with very through car washer ~ at least it will act as a reminder.

Kate

UPDATE ~~ foam worked well with backyard 'carwash'. Did have to take out side pieces while driving ~ Cab end OK. JM2¢ ~~ YMMV

Kate

I don't store much between the camper and bed. But my Eagle on the new platform fits very tight to the front of the bed and the rails. I rarely see water in the bed. Even in wet weather dust is more of an issue. My bed drains quickly if water were to get in. The Tundra has some plastic plugs in the front floor of the bed and one was missing when I got the truck. Built in drain. No water can sit in it.

Anyone with a slide in camper and a fleetside truck will have space ahead of the wheelwells that may or may not be accessible via the inside of the camper. My first Alaskan had trapdoors into those spaces, my current Alaskan must have been specifically ordered for a stepside truck as there are no trapdoors into those spaces when mounted in my F-250 "fleetside".

Back
Top Bottom